Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Cane Creek Park (Read 572 times)
Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Cane Creek Park
01/22/15 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
FYI:

Park Trail and Entrance fees are suspended for the winter season. Go ride for free...

Do it.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Re: Cane Creek Park
Reply #1 - 01/22/15 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I ain't been to CCP since '02!  I may hafta make the trek to the Land of the Waxhaws to take advantage of their temporary generosity!

Thanks for the update...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

Racnfirecapn
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 01/24/15 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Hey banjo, I have not ridden CCP since the mid nineties.  Is there a way to find out about trail status with all this rain and maybe a  map also?

"The older I get the faster I WAS"

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #3 - 01/24/15 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Racnfirecapn wrote on 01/24/15 at 2:22am:
Hey banjo, I have not ridden CCP since the mid nineties.  Is there a way to find out about trail status with all this rain and maybe a  map also?

Map:

Open/Closed:
call 704-843-3919

I usually rode everything out there and doubled up on some on my evening rides. Came to about 12 miles +/-

Its really a great little trail. Not super technical but there are spots that can test ya. Besides Steves and WWC it has the best climbing around. I created some Strava segments hoping more folks would ride there. Sadly I no longer work for Union County and have moved on to greener pastures. I always told them that if you make it free to ride you'll get folks on the trails. The more trail users = more funding to make them better. Id really like to see them blow up and get the use they deserve.

go ride. Party on.

« Last Edit: 01/24/15 at 3:21am by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 01/24/15 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Just don't park on the Campground side............I got a damn ticket last week while me and Rog were clearing some drains, we got the go ahead for trail work again so it'll be a little better in the near future.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print