Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Any Kids Rides planned? (Read 719 times)
csquared
Little Ring

Get busy living or Get
Busy Dying!

Any Kids Rides planned?
02/04/15 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I remember there being a thread about a kids ride?  I have a 7 year old that I'm trying to get out of the house and more onto his bike/outdors.  I think with the limited number of his friends that ride I think he doesn't see it as one of the cool things to do.  I know he really enjoys it when he does ride but I think he would like it even more so if he had other kids to ride with so I was thinking of possibly taking him on one of these rides?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Dennis
In The Loop

Re: Any Kids Rides planned?
Reply #1 - 02/04/15 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Our kid's rides have typically been in the warmer months. You might consider taking your little ripper to the Winter Short Track race Sunday. There is an open kids race that is a hoot and the racers get alot of encouragement.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

csquared
Little Ring

Get busy living or Get
Busy Dying!

Reply #2 - 02/04/15 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
How old are the riders?  My son is 7.  Very beginner.  He just moved from his 16 to a 24 inch bike.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #3 - 02/05/15 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
The Trips for Kids organization does rides almost every Saturday, with the majority of them at FJB.

PM me your e-mail if you want on the distribution list.
« Last Edit: 02/05/15 at 6:09pm by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

Dennis
In The Loop

Reply #4 - 02/06/15 at 1:51am
Print Post  
The Winter Short Track Kid's race is free and is for kids under 8. They do one lap on the race course and parents/coaches can walk/run along side for encouragement. I believe the schedule calls for that class to roll off at about 1:45. Look up details on Neil's website: 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

mlong623
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #5 - 03/05/15 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Check these guys out too (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print