Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic X9 rear der. and wheel removal question (Read 432 times)
benwe
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

X9 rear der. and wheel removal question
05/15/15 at 12:14am
Print Post  
I have a couple year old x9 rear der (no clutch) I put on SC Blur 4x last summer. I finally had to remove my rear wheel and had serious issues with the der. body not going back far enough to let the cogset out. I tried from the biggest, smallest and middle cog and still had issues. I finally got it out but figured it was best to remove the der. to reinstall the wheel. I didn't have this problem with an earlier XO on the same frame. Anyone else have this issue or know the fix?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

pughjetsound
Coaster Bike

motorbicycling

Re: X9 rear der. and wheel removal question
Reply #1 - 05/15/15 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I've had similar issues and felt that I was about to bend the hanger.  I've since upgraded to the clutch type and do not have any problems now.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
AIM  
IP Logged

benwe
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 05/16/15 at 12:22am
Print Post  
I am hoping one of the bike shop guys can add their 2 cents on this. I haven't had to remove the rear wheel trailside yet but it would be no fun. I have seen some road bike posts about this issue with SRAM rear der.s but not anything in the mtn. bike world.

IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Reply #3 - 05/17/15 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Are you shifting the derailleur to the smallest cog first?

IP Logged

benwe
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 05/17/15 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
I tried it from the largest, smallest and middle positions on the cogset with same results.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print