Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Work stand recommendations (Read 1005 times)
Mike 5
Small Cog

Work stand recommendations
05/22/15 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Looking for a new work stand. Any thoughts on Park versus Feedback? Are the higher end models really worth the price? I currently have a bench mount Park, not convenient in my new garage, so I'm looking for something free standing.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Bad decisions make for great stories."

IP Logged

OoHoO
Little Ring

Gnar...Gnar...Gnar..

Re: Work stand recommendations
Reply #1 - 05/23/15 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Park tool pcs-10 has been great for me it's sturdy and durable.  I invested in it because I had prior cheap stands that broke. worth the money for something that will last so long.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC 29 - Ridin' It
2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29 - Gone
2012 Cannondale Trail 6 - Gone

IP Logged

traildog
Big Ring

warning!  SS carrier

Reply #2 - 05/23/15 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I have a Feedback stand now.  It works OK, but I prefer the Park that I used to have.  Not really a lot of difference in the different models of Feedback.

IP Logged

Mike 5
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 05/24/15 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
What puts Park over Feedback? Backcountry has a few deals on Feedback right now.
« Last Edit: 05/24/15 at 6:34pm by Mike 5 »  

"Bad decisions make for great stories."

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #4 - 05/24/15 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I sit on a roll around workstool 90% of the time when I'm working on my bike. THe legs on the Park Tool Stand are easier to navigate around for me.

If you look at what most of the shops are using, the choice became clear to me.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

traildog
Big Ring

warning!  SS carrier

Reply #5 - 05/24/15 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Same what Enoch said.  Just no way to get the legs out of the way with the Feedback stand.  It works, just not as well as the Park did for me.  Think I'll probably buy a Park bench mount and mount it to my welding table.

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #6 - 05/24/15 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I prefer the feedback over the park I had.  My park was really old but the bike would rotate around because of the weight.  The front tire would always be on the ground.  I also have a feedback sprint work stand.  More effort to mount the bike but I like how stable the bike is and how you can rotate the bike around.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

benwe
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #7 - 05/25/15 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Park is the only one I ever had and I have never had a problem with it. I don't remember the model number but the legs fold out and it has a clamp like the bike shop stands do. It works like a champ.

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Reply #8 - 05/25/15 at 8:02am
Print Post  
I have a feedback and the legs do get in the way.  One thing I do like though is that it collapses in a portable format. I would say either will be fine.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #9 - 05/25/15 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I've had Park's mid level stand for over 10 years and have no complaints

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - 05/26/15 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Same here.........

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 06/19/15 at 11:57am
Print Post  
I've had a park for probably 7/8 years? One time I broke a part on it, 100% my fault...called them with my credit card in hand to buy a replacement. Two minutes later - no questions asked and no payment necessary - "Thanks for buying Park Tools, your new part is in the mail today (free of charge)"....

Now every tool I buy is Park. Not a second thought for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print