Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Brushy Mountain Cyclists Races (Read 692 times)
Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Brushy Mountain Cyclists Races
07/30/15 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
So i just received an email update from them: 

2015 Wilkes100K:  Canceled

2016 6 HofWC: 2016 may be the last race

Anyone have any insight as to whats going on?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Re: Brushy Mountain Cyclists Races
Reply #1 - 07/30/15 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Email text

Wilkes100k

So several people have been asking what's happening with the Wilkes100k for 2015.  We'll keep it short and sweet.  The Wilkes100k will not be happening in 2015.  We're going to miss seeing you all this fall as the endurance MTB scene is great community to be part of.  April isn't that far off so we'll see you then!

6 Hours of Warrior Creek

It's canceled too!  Just kidding.  Circle the first Saturday in April on your calendar and plan to be there.  That's April 2, 2016 to be exact.

In years past, we've opened registration around the end of October or the first of November.  We're changing things up this year and not opening registration until February.  You'll need to circle the first Saturday in February too.  Registration will open on February 6, 2016 at 9AM.   

Here's where things get interesting.  2016 may well be the final installment of the 6WC.  While we realize we're not guaranteed a 7 minute sell out year after year, you know what they say about all good things.  This decision does not come lightly as countless friends have been made and relationships forged over the past eight years.  Never say never but you've been given fair warning.

Tour Warrior Creek by Foot

If you're looking for the perfect line around Warrior Creek, give it a try by running the trail instead of pedaling across it.  We don't understand why anyone would run when they've got a perfectly good two-wheeler but some do.  The Warrior Creek 13.1 will take place for the third consecutive year on December 12, 2015.  Come run with us!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

northlknrider
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 07/31/15 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Hate this! I did this race last year.  I wasn't real competitive, but it was probably the most fun I had at any of the endurance races I've done over the years.

It would be interesting to hear why this race was cancelled.  Not sure why this race wouldn't be as popular as the WC 6-hour.  At least with the Wilkes 100 you're not going around in circles on the same trail.  You were able to sample all of the trails up there along with some trails that aren't normally open to bikes.

Bob Marley is to Jamaicans as Lynard Skynard is to Rednecks

IP Logged

mlong623
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 07/31/15 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
It's burnout.

These events are just like every other club or organization. It's a very small group of people who make stuff happen and it just becomes too much after a while.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print