Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic BYT workday Saturday. (Read 691 times)
worker-rider
In The Loop

BYT workday Saturday.
10/05/15 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
We need some extra hands to come out and help clean up BYT on Saturday. I have gotten permission to drive in so the middle and back 1/3 can get a little tlc (not the band). If you have time and would like to help please post up. I am not sure what time anybody would like to go out. Just trying to get a general time. Loppers provided and 2 chainsaws maybe 3. I went out and started cleaning off the front 1/3 today and started at around 11 and finished at 4. Saw 1 small dead tree down and couldn't move by myself and 2 other pines down one covered in poison ivy. I will get them before work. I know the jump line has one tree down after the first berm and the last one at the bottom. I didn't get a chance to walk much in those areas too much stuff falling around me had to get out. If  you don't ride this trail please go out and help where you do ride. Please let me know what time you might be able to help out.  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Re: BYT workday Saturday.
Reply #1 - 10/09/15 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
I have 1 maybe 2 to help. Could still use a couple more. I won't be able to get back out to trails till next weekend. This is also weather permitting. I  will bring loppers to get some of the stuff pushed down onto the trails from deadfall. Front 1/3 and back 1/3 are done. Middle 1/3 and MD to go. Around 6 or so miles to go. Lots of lookers but no takers. If you ride here please give up a few hours of your day to give back. All the trails around Charlotte don't just appear or fix themselves. Will post time later today or tonight.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 10/09/15 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Sorry Scott, but I'll be at LNSP trying get that place back in good shape. Good luck on getting help!

IP Logged

jerz_subbie
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 10/10/15 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Please keep an eye out for a Cat Eye computer somewhere along the last 2mi. I was riding with some guys traveling through from FL and the father lost his computer somewhere near the end, guessing about 1.5mi from the end. I've got his info in case someone finds it. They loved the trail btw!

Rode from the jump line on this evening and ran into 2 very large trees down, the largest just next to the start of the jump line, and probably half dozen smaller ones. Some could be left and/or turned into features.

18 YT Jeffsy AL 29
17 Enduro comp 29/6Fattie sold
14 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 1x11 sold
15 Airborne Seeker - sold
09 Cannondale F4 Euro - sold

IP Logged

Jake_S
Coaster Bike

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #4 - 10/10/15 at 2:24am
Print Post  
What is the start time? I have a chainsaw I can bring to clear large trees.

Jake

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #5 - 10/10/15 at 3:06am
Print Post  
8:00-8:30 back gate of the plant. It is across from the MD parking lot. Got enough saws just bring loppers if you have them if you don't I have some. If it is raining won't be running saws but will go pull sticks and such. We will look and see if anything can be done with trees that are down. Bring a rain jacket gloves and good boots. Thanks for those of you who would like to help.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #6 - 10/11/15 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the help walking in the rain kicking sticks and cutting back some of the face slappers. 6 of us in all and thanks also for the limbs that were moved by riders. Didn't cut any trees yet. Started to rain and really dont like to saw in the rain. Around 5 or 6 trees down one double tree may stay. I will get to them this week. The computer was found and I will get it back to you soon. Now off to Uwarrie today should by plenty dry after yesterday's rain. Thanks again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print