Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Big welcome for Beattys new trail work coordinator (Read 881 times)
Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Big welcome for Beattys new trail work coordinator
12/08/15 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
I wanted to take this opportunity to officially introduce Bryan Hall (sirnotappearing) as Beatty's new trail work Coordinator!

Bryan and I will be working closely through this transition over the next few months. I had a great run out there and thoroughly enjoyed being involved with the trail as well as all the great people it brought me into contact with. Thank each of you for every hour you spent not riding to make someone else's experience more enjoyable.

Everyone that has held this role has left their fingerprint on the trail in some way and I can't wait to see what Bryan does with the place. He is very well organized and super easy to get along with. I hope that everyone will come out and support him with his workdays the same way they have supported me with mine.

Cheers Bryan!
« Last Edit: 12/08/15 at 4:12pm by Gravitythief76 »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Re: Big welcome for Beattys new trail work coordinator
Reply #1 - 12/08/15 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Congrats Bryan!

And thanks David!

I know good n' well how much work it is taking care of ole' Beatty and I know that everyone who uses that trail (hikers included) appreciate all the work that has been put into that place in the last few years. Its not the most scenic or gnarliest trail around but it gets a TON of use and its a full time job staying on top of the work.

Thanks for both of you guys' hardwork and special thanks to Bryan for taking over and letting David have weekends back to shred Pisgah with me hahaha...

Well done Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

Unfated

Reply #2 - 12/08/15 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Congrats to Bryan! I can't wait to see your fingerprints as the trail continues to mature and grow.

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #3 - 12/08/15 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Hi Bryan!

Can we work on Randy's section first???  Wink

And David you know we aren't letting you go anywhere right?  Grin

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #4 - 12/08/15 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Oh I'll be around!  And I will still be out to some of the workdays, especially the more complicated stuff !

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

OoHoO
Little Ring

Gnar...Gnar...Gnar..

Reply #5 - 12/08/15 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all of your hard work over the year's David, Beatty wouldn't have developed into what it is today without you!

Congrats Bryan! I look forward to running some dirt with you soon and getting some more rides in with you. Cool

2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC 29 - Ridin' It
2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29 - Gone
2012 Cannondale Trail 6 - Gone

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #6 - 12/08/15 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks everybody! And thanks to David for running Beatty for 6 years! He put in a tremendous amount of effort out there, and it shows. 

What I lack in David's skill and experience, I make up in doughnut selection. I'm not above bribing you all to come out and dig with me. Look for workdays soon!

IP Logged

DK
Small Cog

Reply #7 - 12/08/15 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Congratulations Bryan and thanks David.  Beatty is near the top of my favorite list in this area simply because it is so diverse.  Going from fast and tame through the pines to rooty and tight and the man-made fun stuff make the trail a lot of fun to ride.  I'll be watching for a chance to finally be able to help with this trail.

David

2016 Santa Cruz Tallboy C

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 12/08/15 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Bryan...this should be 1st on the build list:

David never let us have any fun...

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #9 - 12/08/15 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Mr.B wrote on 12/08/15 at 7:25pm:
Bryan...this should be 1st on the build list:

Now I haven't read the IMBA guide to trailbuilding yet, but I'm assuming there's a how to in there for this.

IP Logged

Solar
Little Ring

I can ride my bike with
no handle bars

Reply #10 - 12/08/15 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
I like donuts.   

Just throwing that out there.   

Oh, and let me know when you plan a work day.  If I can make it out I'd be happy to help.   

D

I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds.
IP Logged

Blake
Coaster Bike

Reply #11 - 12/08/15 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Congratulations, Bryan.  Wondering if you would describe upcoming plans for Beatty that have already been decided.   

Sure hope a black diamond downhill freeride style jumpline with big tabletops is in the works.  I heard you all would be using a bulldozer to build such a line.  That right?

The creek area at Beatty could use a small gap jump, and that would be a great ending to a jumpline, perhaps a developed and extended "three amigo" line that splits to the right of the berm section that already exists where the black and blue trails diverge.

Would be glad to lend a hand.

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Reply #12 - 12/08/15 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Blake wrote on 12/08/15 at 10:54pm:
Congratulations, Bryan.  Wondering if you would describe upcoming plans for Beatty that have already been decided.  

Thank you Bryan

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #13 - 12/09/15 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Blake wrote on 12/08/15 at 10:54pm:

Sure hope a black diamond downhill freeride style jumpline with big tabletops is in the works.  I heard you all would be using a bulldozer to build such a line.  That right?

The creek area at Beatty could use a small gap jump, and that would be a great ending to a jumpline, perhaps a developed and extended "three amigo" line that splits to the right of the berm section that already exists where the black and blue trails diverge.

Would be glad to lend a hand.

There will be no creek gaps at Beatty. We have an relationship with parks that has taken years to build, slapping high risk features on a beginner oriented trail will never be an acceptable exercise in that environment. Can we put in some additional fun features out there? Absolutely. Black diamond jumplines and creek gaps as part of the existing trail...not gonna happen. Sorry dude. Thats byt stuff and there are other trails in development to fill that niche. Beatty just isnt going to be one of them.

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #14 - 12/10/15 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Gravitythief76 wrote on 12/09/15 at 12:51am:

There will be no creek gaps at Beatty. We have an relationship with parks that has taken years to build, slapping high risk features on a beginner oriented trail will never be an acceptable exercise in that environment. Can we put in some additional fun features out there? Absolutely. Black diamond jumplines and creek gaps as part of the existing trail...not gonna happen. Sorry dude. Thats byt stuff and there are other trails in development to fill that niche. Beatty just isnt going to be one of them.

When in doubt check  the FJB HOA  bylaws.  Every new resident is provided with a copy.   Wink

IP Logged

Solar
Little Ring

I can ride my bike with
no handle bars

Reply #15 - 12/10/15 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Look at that progress!  One day on the job and the flooding issue seems to have dried up.  Now that's progress.   Grin

I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds.
IP Logged

PirateBike
Coaster Bike

Reply #16 - 12/11/15 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Congratulations Bryan, I will definitely come and help! 

Also thanks to David for all the hard work, I know that you will be dedicating some of your time to other endeavors so it's not over yet...

Luis

I thought of that while riding my bicycle.
~ Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print