Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Anne Springs has a hot date January 16! (Read 428 times)
nrsmdwf
Coaster Bike

Anne Springs has a hot date January 16!
01/10/16 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Cheesy And you are invited! Planning ahead!  Anne Springs trailwork day, Saturday, January 16, 8:45 am.

Happy New Year, everyone!  In the few dry days we've had, I had the chance to ride our Anne Springs Trails a couple of times.  Despite some muddy spots (a couple of them serious!), the trails are riding great!

Next Saturday we will meet at the bus parking lot of Fort Mill Elementary school off Springfield parkway.  We'll install some ground bridges at the BIG mud pits behind the school (Josh says this area is drainage for the football field uphill).  This is much needed, as the area gets worse every day as riders attempt to ride around the mud.  Please plan to come out to help fix these places! 

IF we can get a large enough group on Saturday, we'll also begin work on the "Sugar Mud Climb" bypass which has been flagged, and is pending Josh's review and approval.  A reminder that usually we will not be able to focus on the Sugar Loop trails on our Saturday workdays, so we'll need to have a large enough group of volunteers to be able to split the group for both projects, if we want to get past that mud.

Both of these project locations are only a short walk from the bus parking lot.

In other news, Josh and his crew quickly re-routed another trail washout on Mill Pond a bit over a week ago.  As the creek fills with silt, it becomes shallower, and the floods are more damaging.  If you have been out there this past week, you can see the creek silt clinging to foliage well up the hillside.

Thank you for your great volunteer work in 2015 (we REALLY got a lot done!).  We'll work only a couple of hours on Saturday, so come on out!   

It does help to know roughly how many we'll have for the workday, so LMK if you plan to join in.

Bobbi
nrsmdwf@gmail.com

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Someday I may not be able to do this.  Today is not that day."

IP Logged

Half-a-fork
Little Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Anne Springs has a hot date January 16!
Reply #1 - 01/11/16 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
845am in the morning??  On a Saturday?  Cool  I will do my best to be there then, but if not I know where you all are working and will catch up.

Thanks,

Justin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Ride to have fun and enjoy the scenery, not to set records…

Packed and ready to roll…
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
GTalkAIM  
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Re: Anne Springs has a hot date January 16!
Reply #2 - 01/14/16 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Blowing this thing up! 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

NEED MOARRRRR PEEPS TO COME AND HELP BUILD TRAILS!!!!!

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print