Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Thoughts on trail status threads? (Read 534 times)
SycoCell
Coaster Bike

I can ride my bike with
no handlebars

Thoughts on trail status threads?
01/13/16 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Just was thinking her (I have a lot of time on my hands with my airplane broken down)....Could we have a sticky for each trail that's dedicated to JUST trail status?  Sorta like, hey a tree is down, leaves are wet, broken berm, etc etc?  Keep the thread to only on-topic.  Not a discussion.  Might help out those of us that just want to know the status of a trail before driving over (even though it's open).  I know places like Sherman for example are still rather soft/muddy a lot after they open.  I know for people like me who travel for a living, that when I get back to town, I don't know how much it's rained in the past or what trails are running optimum. Just a thought here for you moderators..
« Last Edit: 01/13/16 at 2:17pm by SycoCell »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Re: Thoughts on trail status threads?
Reply #1 - 01/13/16 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Makes sense...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #2 - 01/13/16 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Not sure how you would keep it from becoming a "discussion". Just because of the nature of a message board people are going to want to comment on stuff and then it becomes a discussion.

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

chickenwyre
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 01/13/16 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Use the (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) app/website. The more people that use it the more accurate it will become.

IP Logged

csquared
Little Ring

Get busy living or Get
Busy Dying!

Reply #4 - 01/13/16 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Not everyone that rides will want to post up comments nor do they know these boards exist so by the time you get to your ride time there may not even be any reports.  What would you do then???  It's mountain biking... bikes get dirty, we get dirty... if it's open... ride... else there's always the greenways if folks are worried about a little dirt.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #5 - 01/13/16 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
csquared wrote on 01/13/16 at 9:54pm:
Not everyone that rides will want to post up comments nor do they know these boards exist so by the time you get to your ride time there may not even be any reports.  What would you do then???  It's mountain biking... bikes get dirty, we get dirty... if it's open... ride... else there's always the greenways if folks are worried about a little dirt.

I kinda agree with ya.  I get what the OP is saying but I think it would eventually over complicate the process.  If it's open on the home page, don't worry about it and just ride.  If it's slick and muddy?  Then count your self lucky it's open!  If you're feeling guilty about it?  Volunteer for some trail work either their or another trail! 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

SycoCell
Coaster Bike

I can ride my bike with
no handlebars

Reply #6 - 01/14/16 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Edit: Fair enough.
« Last Edit: 01/14/16 at 3:23am by SycoCell »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print