Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Memorial day weekend (Read 690 times)
junktech

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Memorial day weekend
05/17/16 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
My son and I are coming up from Florida for Memorial day weekend and are staying most of the week. We would love to ride with some locals while in Charlotte, we have ridden Sherman Branch, Lake Norman, Fisher farms and USWWC. We both are comfortable riding all types of trails and different speeds. One trail I really want to ride is Warrior Creek, so if anyone is going, we would like to tag along. We also plan on staying for the race at Renaissance Park Wednesday night. 
Thanks!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Re: Memorial day weekend
Reply #1 - 05/17/16 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
junktech wrote on 05/17/16 at 1:39pm:
My son and I are coming up from Florida for Memorial day weekend and are staying most of the week. We would love to ride with some locals while in Charlotte, we have ridden Sherman Branch, Lake Norman, Fisher farms and USWWC. We both are comfortable riding all types of trails and different speeds. One trail I really want to ride is Warrior Creek, so if anyone is going, we would like to tag along. We also plan on staying for the race at Renaissance Park Wednesday night. 
Thanks!!

Actually showed a guy from FL around Kerr Scott Sunday (Warrior Creek is part of Kerr Scott)...  If you are down for mileage make sure you hit Kerr Scott and OVT as they are both full of flow and fun.   

Unfortunately I am either working or on call that weekend, my fate has yet to be decided.  If you are comfortable with all types of trails I recommend giving Dupont a shot.  It's  not pisgah gnar but its also not flat!

How old is your son?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

junktech

Reply #2 - 05/17/16 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
That was actually my friend Chuck I believe!!! Small world huh?? My son is 17

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 05/17/16 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
junktech wrote on 05/17/16 at 3:10pm:
That was actually my friend Chuck I believe!!! Small world huh?? My son is 17

That was indeed Chuck, he will tell you how much he enjoyed it and he only road 1/5 of warrior.   

I would say ride them both - do Warrior first as you will want to be fresh to haul tail through there.

If you are feeling froggy and wanna do ~40 miles Dark Mountain is another trail that is part of Kerr Scott.  Its not what I would consider "technical" but its full of roots and uphill 70% of the time (kinda complete opposite of OVT/Warrior, nothing steep or difficult)

Chuck has my contact information if you have any questions that don't get answered here.

Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print