Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) LNSP - MUD! (Read 1233 times)
Pulling60
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

LNSP - MUD!
07/12/16 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Lots of mud holes and standing water on the LNSP Wildlife - Fallstown - Fox loops this evening.  Should have been closed another day after that downpour last night.  Seems like the potholes are getting deeper and deeper this year.  Just saying'

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Re: LNSP - MUD!
Reply #1 - 07/13/16 at 12:42am
Print Post  
I hate to hear that! The new Supt. wants the trails open too soon. It takes a lot of work to keep the trails in good shape. I'm glad it's not my responsibility anymore. Good luck my friend! 

BBM

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Reply #2 - 07/13/16 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I was there a little over a week ago and the Itusi side was just how I remembered it and in great shape.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #3 - 07/13/16 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
sager wrote on 07/13/16 at 12:21pm:
I was there a little over a week ago and the Itusi side was just how I remembered it and in great shape.

Itusi is the name for the entire trail system.  Perhaps you meant the Hawk , Hicks and Norwood Loops? Wink

Don't worry, Mike.  The trail is well taken care of.  Me, Warren, Peter, Emily, Mike, Tom and Brent worked on some bad trouble spots on Monbo this past Sunday.  Lots of digging but will last for several years!
« Last Edit: 07/13/16 at 2:44pm by The Cycle Path »  

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #4 - 07/13/16 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Pulling60 wrote on 07/12/16 at 10:56pm:
Lots of mud holes and standing water on the LNSP Wildlife - Fallstown - Fox loops this evening.  Should have been closed another day after that downpour last night.  Seems like the potholes are getting deeper and deeper this year.  Just saying'

Keep an eye out for more trail work days like last Sunday.  Many hands make lite the work!  Come on out and lend a hand!  Smiley

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #5 - 07/14/16 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Mark, I'm glad you had some good help at LNSP. I see putting workdays on the front page works. Thanks all for your support on the trails!

BBM

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #6 - 07/14/16 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
BigBikeMike wrote on 07/14/16 at 2:52am:
Mark, I'm glad you had some good help at LNSP. I see putting workdays on the front page works. Thanks all for your support on the trails!

BBM

This.^^^   Wink

IP Logged

stevenc

Reply #7 - 07/14/16 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Rode Laurel this am. Trail was great. Very tacky and well maintained. Thanks for all of the work.

It never gets easier, you just get faster

IP Logged

JT3
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 08/04/16 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Passing through the park, I was really surprised to see the trail open this morning.  Its very wet and we have had a ton of rain.  If anyone is attempting to ride, please use some common sense when approaching exposed trail areas.  There are a few areas that must be sloppy right now.
« Last Edit: 08/04/16 at 1:49pm by JT3 »  

peddle faster, I heard banjo music!

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #9 - 08/04/16 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
JT3 wrote on 08/04/16 at 1:49pm:
Passing through the park, I was really surprised to see the trail open this morning.  Its very wet and we have had a ton of rain.  If anyone is attempting to ride, please use some common sense when approaching exposed trail areas.  There are a few areas that must be sloppy right now.

I'm guessing they haven't gone out yet to assess trail conditions.  That may change later in the day.

IP Logged

Pulling60
Coaster Bike

Reply #10 - 08/04/16 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
JT3 wrote on 08/04/16 at 1:49pm:

In his post above, Big Bike Mike stated, "The new Supt. wants the trails open too soon."  The new superintendent doesn't go by the name HippieMtnBiker does he?

73  Cheesy

IP Logged

JT3
Coaster Bike

Reply #11 - 08/04/16 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Well kudos to whoever makes the call!  Monbo rode very sweet tonight.

peddle faster, I heard banjo music!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print