Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic narrow saddle options? (Read 358 times)
tntsweeper
Coaster Bike

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

narrow saddle options?
09/18/16 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
i bought a layback seatpost to see how I would like being positioned further back over the rear wheel, now i'm learning its a little harder to slide by arse back off the saddle when descending due to the current 5.5 inch width of my selle flite ti saddle. 

Any suggestions on saddles with a narrow shape that would make it easier to slide back/off?  maybe something less than 4.75 inches at the widest point. To clarify I am talking about the measurement at the widest point, NOT the width of the sit bones. 

p.s. I'm familiar with a dropper post - have one on my other bike - not interested in putting one on this ride.
Thanks!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Re: narrow saddle options?
Reply #1 - 09/18/16 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
I believe the width of the sit bone measurement directly corresponds to the width of the seat.
Therefore, if you want a narrower seat, go down to a narrower size.

I know some seat makers make special panels on padded seats that aren't as grippy (Ergon). 

And of course you could try a unpadded carbon or nylon composite saddle. Some claim these are quite comfortable for short periods if they match your sit bones, and nothing is lighter except no seat at all. I've tried one and although it wasn't bad it wont be replacing my padded seat anytime soon.
« Last Edit: 09/18/16 at 11:20pm by IntheBush »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

spinsir
Small Cog

Intermediate Almost

Re: narrow saddle options?
Reply #2 - 10/13/16 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I thought I wanted a narrow saddle so I bought a SDG Duster ti.  I quickly decided to return to my heavy but broke-in Brooks.  I can sell you a new awesome red saddle if you want.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print