Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Couch Potato and SWANK 65 - November 12-13, 20 (Read 1185 times)
Shakenbake
Small Cog

A bike can save your life!

The Couch Potato and SWANK 65 - November 12-13, 20
10/13/16 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The Couch potato will sell out in the next week as we are limited by USFS to 200 and we are currently at 181 racers. Don't miss this epic that includes some of the Pisgah Ranger District's best trails. 25 miles with 3200' elevation gain. More details here (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The Sycamore Cycles "Swank 65" is the "Grandaddy" of all Pisgah Mountain Bike Races. Now in it's 19th year, the oldest continuing race is still an epic test of mental and physical endurance. A cloverleaf race covering Farlow Gap, Daniel Ridge, Cove Creek, Butter Gap, Long Branch etc. Enjoy the fall temperatures in Pisgah, bring a tent and camp Friday night, race the Couch Potato on Saturday (if you can get in) and Swank on Sunday.
Swank 65 is originally named because the original race was limited to 65 racers. The distance is 35 miles with 5800' of elevation gain, come race and get this off your bucket list. More information here (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

In order to get the kick ass t-shirt for either race, you must register before October 23rd.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

1991 Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" (now a SS),2010 Lynskey Pro 29, Salsa Selma SS (Jeez, I only have 3 mtn bikes now)
IP Logged

jbolenbaugh
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: The Couch Potato and SWANK 65 - November 12-13, 20
Reply #1 - 10/13/16 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update, is their a course map anywhere?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Shakenbake
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 10/13/16 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Couch Potato

Swank 65

1991 Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" (now a SS),2010 Lynskey Pro 29, Salsa Selma SS (Jeez, I only have 3 mtn bikes now)
IP Logged

Shakenbake
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 10/14/16 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
 5 spots left for the Couch Potato race.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 10/14/16 at 6:54pm by Shakenbake »  

IP Logged

jbolenbaugh
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 10/14/16 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
One less spot now. Thanks for posting here! I have done Iceman a few times up in Michigan before moving down here.

IP Logged

Shakenbake
Small Cog

Reply #5 - 10/14/16 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
You were the reason it went from 8 to 7 left Smiley.

Look forward to seeing you at the race.

IP Logged

Shakenbake
Small Cog

Reply #6 - 10/23/16 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
The Couch Potato is SOLD OUT.

Tonight at midnight is cut off for getting a T-shirt if you register for the Swank 65. The Swank is only $10 more and 10 miles longer than the Couch. Swank registration is over 50% full.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_3_17_45_PM.png (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 10/23/16 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
jbolenbaugh wrote on 10/14/16 at 3:48pm:
One less spot now. Thanks for posting here! I have done Iceman a few times up in Michigan before moving down here.

Are you a Michigander? Did the Iceman every year from the third one( they gave out Molson ice at registration) up until 2005. Except for 1995 , when I had a cast on my leg. The Iceman is a greenway ride compared to the ones at Pisgah Wink

GTalk  
IP Logged

jbolenbaugh
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 10/28/16 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Lived the first 25 years of my life up in Michigan, I am looking forward to a little less trail traffic than iceman. I hear you on how much more difficult pisgah is. I'm so nervous I put gears on my bike!

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #9 - 10/29/16 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
jbolenbaugh wrote on 10/28/16 at 12:20pm:
Yeah, Lived the first 25 years of my life up in Michigan, I am looking forward to a little less trail traffic than iceman. I hear you on how much more difficult pisgah is. I'm so nervous I put gears on my bike!
You'll know who the Brevard natives are then. They all ride SS Wink If you get behind them, they will lead you to the hidden beer.  Grin

GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print