Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic They come out at night!! (Read 639 times)
BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

They come out at night!!
11/21/16 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
They don't ride, but they do come out at night. I looked out my kitchen window last night, with all the snow we have gotten the last few days,I could see a big black bear out in the side yard looking for food. I was really surprised to see a bear out as cold as it was outside. It was 18 degrees and I don't know how much snow we got because of the wind piling it up in drifts. The wind chill was below zero and I thought the bear would be hibernating. I used my Nite Rider light to check out the bear till my wife made me stop. She was afraid he might think we were food and come get us.

BBM

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Re: They come out at night!!
Reply #1 - 11/22/16 at 12:26am
Print Post  
I think hibernation is tied to breeding season more than seasonal temperature.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #2 - 11/22/16 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Very cool!

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 11/22/16 at 2:02am
Print Post  
The bear came back this afternoon, so they come out during daylight also. I went out and ran it off so the deer would come back. I was told they only hibernate a few months. I know the 8 point buck has been chasing the does around, so it's mating season for deer and bear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print