Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 2017 Winter Short Track (Read 7703 times)
pearl
Little Ring

Re: 2017 Winter Short Track
Reply #20 - 01/22/17 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
course held up pretty damn good! the carpets help for sure Smiley had a awesome 3 way battle in the SS category, looking forward to next week already. just started uploading lap 1 video.. ill link it when its done!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Reply #21 - 01/22/17 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Meh, shut up already. 

J/k- good job!  And yes, the trail was in great shape, IMHO
« Last Edit: 01/22/17 at 11:33pm by mountainbiker90 »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

Brad6160
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #22 - 01/23/17 at 12:10am
Print Post  
You top 3 were rolling. Good job man.

12' Trek X-Cal

IP Logged

Brad6160
Coaster Bike

Reply #23 - 01/23/17 at 12:18am
Print Post  
On another note. Kids turnout was nice, 50 juniors racing

12' Trek X-Cal

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #24 - 01/23/17 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Thanks! Here was one lap:

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #25 - 01/23/17 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Asian missle off the front...
« Last Edit: 01/23/17 at 2:37am by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #26 - 01/23/17 at 1:49am
Print Post  
that is how you ride a bike Boyz and Galz,,,,,killin it..Single Speed Assasin,,,yes,,RAMFB....

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #27 - 01/24/17 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Nice Video Pearl...you guys were haul'n ass. We were really happy and proud the trail held up like it did given the amount of rain and riders it has seen the past two weeks leading up to the first race. Since most of the hard work is unseen and specific to keeping the water off the trail, this was a good feeling. 

So this is a loaded question, but i am going to ask it each week. What can we make better? It can be something to make the trail harder, easier, more fun, less fun, more air, less air etc. Would you like more single track? More gravel? what ever, let me know your thoughts. 

I want to get everyone's input while its fresh on your mind so that when you go to make changes next year, it is with your feedback and racing input in mind.

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #28 - 01/24/17 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Wears my bike wrote on 01/24/17 at 3:19am:
Nice Video Pearl...you guys were haul'n ass. We were really happy and proud the trail held up like it did given the amount of rain and riders it has seen the past two weeks leading up to the first race. Since most of the hard work is unseen and specific to keeping the water off the trail, this was a good feeling. 

So this is a loaded question, but i am going to ask it each week. What can we make better? It can be something to make the trail harder, easier, more fun, less fun, more air, less air etc. Would you like more single track? More gravel? what ever, let me know your thoughts. 

I want to get everyone's input while its fresh on your mind so that when you go to make changes next year, it is with your feedback and racing input in mind.

Thank you! Amazing how well the course is built to shed that much water. Even where it was mucky, it was not as bad as I would imagine it to be. Great trail building for sure!

Yes, this is a loaded question; You guys have this event down pat, the trail works great, it's awesome to rip, the berms, everything. A+. If you didn't change a thing I would still be attending every race (as long as it isn't raining sideways and the baby sleeps well the night before).

I love the new section that was added as well!

One thing I would love to see is another place or two to pass. With such a solid built in trail that sheds rain, it's hard to make this happen. In reality, you have to ask to pass once you get into the ST. Since it is so fast, you really cannot make a pass without going off into the woods. Part of the "problem" is that the ST is downhill and really fast (not complaining), so the ST is really a section to recover. You also do not want to make this existing trail super duper wide to allow for passing, so it's a tough place to be in for sure. 

Back in NJ we did something as simple as this in a slower, boring section:
One line was straighter and slower, while the other line was longer but faster. Equally as fast, but if one person had more gas over the other, it was a place to make a move.

Stealing from cyclocross, a lap card countdown would be awesome. I'm very aware of my surroundings and situation, but sometimes you're curious how many laps you actually have left and your brain cannot comprehend the sounds as you pass the S/F!

Love the event! Looking forward to next weekend already!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) 11064620_10153114350698954_5879831386946382018_n.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #29 - 01/25/17 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
oh no, did i say too much  Cry

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Reply #30 - 01/25/17 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
A long time ago...

Never did a race that offered dual lines. I like it. You could modify that idea and do one joker lap per race by cutting out of the woods earlier to add a little strategy. 

Otherwise I like it as it is. Guess I'm not much of a visionary

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #31 - 01/25/17 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
mountainbiker90 wrote on 01/25/17 at 7:20pm:
A long time ago...

Never did a race that offered dual lines. I like it. You could modify that idea and do one joker lap per race by cutting out of the woods earlier to add a little strategy. 

Otherwise I like it as it is. Guess I'm not much of a visionary

I liked the joker idea from those RallyX things, but would be hard to enforce that's for sure!

Picture a shorter, rocky technical section that if you clean it, you could gain a little time, versus a faster, longer section...

don't blink because you might miss it. around the :28 mark. you can see the different lines. some may be faster, safer, etc.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #32 - 01/25/17 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Nope, definitely did not say too much. I am trying to think where a passing line can be added in the woods. I might have an idea but need to walk and see. Also, for next year I might try to add a second downhill area after the first climb. More fun, but it would come with a new climb out taking you back to the road. The new climb might of 1-4 options to get to the road, giving a few options and then drop you out in a place where there is no risk of a high speed collision.  EG: fast direct line has a step up, second line is a rock garden but longer, third line has none of those but takes you our your butt to get back to the road.

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #33 - 01/25/17 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
passing zones have been a issue since day 1. i think the more and longer ones you have the better the racing would be. Even if they were just 2 equal lines with no features, there would be some jockeying on every lap

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #34 - 01/25/17 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Wears my bike wrote on 01/25/17 at 8:55pm:
Nope, definitely did not say too much. I am trying to think where a passing line can be added in the woods. I might have an idea but need to walk and see. Also, for next year I might try to add a second downhill area after the first climb. More fun, but it would come with a new climb out taking you back to the road. The new climb might of 1-4 options to get to the road, giving a few options and then drop you out in a place where there is no risk of a high speed collision.  EG: fast direct line has a step up, second line is a rock garden but longer, third line has none of those but takes you our your butt to get back to the road.

I could see you dipping back into the woods after a short stint of the gravel and popping back up to the gravel again. Agreed about the high speed collision issue, especially on gravel. If you can make it on dirt, maybe a little softer of a landing Wink

Your example is exactly what I was imagining! When the time comes I would love to help if I could!

IP Logged

AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Reply #35 - 01/26/17 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Had so much fun.  Was really surprised how well the course held up given the amount of rain we had.

I tried passing in the woods in the wide section between the main trail and little jump, but the new part of the trail was so soft it bogged me down.  Passed many lappers in the woods but couldn't have without cooperation.

Really enjoyed it, and do think perhaps one passing spot in the woods would be fun.  Just be careful designing it, or everyone will take "the fast line"

Great work - be back on Sunday!

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #36 - 01/26/17 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
For me anything that adds more singletrack and more technical elements is a good thing! I think it's very much a big power test so I would welcome anything that could give a rider with technical skills an advantage. 

Also if slight variations could be made to the course between races would be great, nothing major but just little changes. I think the series is a lot of fun and I am excited to try the new course this weekend. Any chance it will be open tomorrow?

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #37 - 01/26/17 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 01/26/17 at 6:33pm:
Any chance it will be open tomorrow?

I was out at 12:30 and it was perfect.. Give it a rip!

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #38 - 01/26/17 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Perfect! I'll be out there tomorrow morning!

IP Logged

gonzo
In The Loop

Reply #39 - 01/26/17 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
The short track portion of Renni is "all weather".  It does not close when the single track of Renni is closed.   With that said, a little common sense and courtesy goes a long way.  If you are making ruts or find yourself wondering if the short track should be closed, please do the right thing and get your ride on the pavement.  We have done a lot of work to the trail to make it as weather proof as possible, but we can' trump Mother Nature.

I have reason to believe that the squirrels are mocking me.
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Print