Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tree Down At BYT (Read 913 times)
Woody1065

Listen in the morning
on 106.5 FM

Tree Down At BYT
12/23/16 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Rode BYT yesterday and the dirt was PERFECT on the new jump line!  One big tree down though, not on the jump line.   

It is over where they're putting in the greenway.  It blocks the "u-turn" you make right at the greenway, well before the poo tracks.

Thanks to all who put in the new drop (made out of trees) right before the jumpline next to the road.  FUN FUN FUN!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Higher Ground

Re: Tree Down At BYT
Reply #1 - 12/23/16 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
That drop sounds fun, will have to go check it out.  By the way, anyone planning to do some trailwork on the old jumplines by the road? Love those downhill lines even better than the new jumpline. Would really like to see those fast downhill jumps repaired and further developed.  So much potential there. Would be great to get the dozers out there to at least build up the tables.  Would be glad to help on those jumplines. 
« Last Edit: 12/23/16 at 5:44pm by Higher Ground »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

worker rider

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #2 - 12/24/16 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Thanks for letting me know trees are down. I will be out next week after work blowing off the trail and will only blow off the trail and not the little shortcuts. If anyone gets the tree before next week please let me know so I don't haul a saw out for nothing. I promise that we are going to get to a few things with the machines as soon as we can so please keep an eye on forums. The machines are currently at Renni because it needed a facelift badly. I also have been busy working 50+ hours a week and just no time. Not even enough time to ride lately. We also have plans for the jumpline and we are working on getting all 3 machines out at once along with some other materials to some how cross over the creek to get back to the pipe dream (gap jump,drop,bridge,rock pile) or something like that. We have been asked to stay of the road due to greenway construction.

IP Logged

Higher Ground

Reply #3 - 12/24/16 at 1:42am
Print Post  
You rock, Worker Rider, awesome news, yes!  Will keep an eye out for work days.  THANK YOU!

worker rider

IP Logged

mayford
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 12/26/16 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Scott,
No need to lug your saw out there, I got the tree this morning.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #5 - 12/26/16 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mayford! I will get to the leaf clearing this week I hope. Gotta use these helmet lights sometime.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #6 - 12/27/16 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Scott, you will like using the helmet lights! I use mine at NM to see to rake leaves when I was TC there. No traffic to contend with except for few night riders.

BBM

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #7 - 12/28/16 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Scott i'm around this weekend and could probly knock out a couple miles one day w the blower.  i'll touch base w you before i head out to coordinate.

I'm in no condition to ride...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #8 - 12/28/16 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Heading out tonight to start blowing off the trail drains and all. Watch out for the guy with a helmet light and I won't be able to hear you at all. Will go as long as I can.

IP Logged

Woody1065

Listen in the morning
on 106.5 FM

Reply #9 - 12/28/16 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Scott...

Rode by a super human who was blowing leaves at BYT yesterday.  He did the Road jump line and the main loop all the way back through.  When I left I think he was headed to the "left" loop off of Farmbrook.

IP Logged

2whldrifter
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/28/16 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Saint!!  thank you!

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #11 - 12/29/16 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Woody1065 wrote on 12/28/16 at 4:19pm:
Scott...

Rode by a super human who was blowing leaves at BYT yesterday.  He did the Road jump line and the main loop all the way back through.  When I left I think he was headed to the "left" loop off of Farmbrook.

Sounds like a Bill Brasky sighting. 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) eV2j8Lk.jpg (Attachment deleted)

I'm in no condition to ride...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print