Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Backyard trails open till the melting starts. (Read 1067 times)
worker-rider
In The Loop

Backyard trails open till the melting starts.
01/07/17 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Go out and get your ice/snow ride on. I'm sure more trees will be down again. Bridges will be slick and please be careful and take someone else out with you. I will probably close the trails Monday when everything starts to thaw. Go out and have fun I'm stuck out in the cut and will try and sneak in a ride sometime I hope. Like I said be careful!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Tigerseiken

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Backyard trails open till the melting starts.
Reply #1 - 01/13/17 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
How is Backyard looking for a ride today?  I would be cool with just doing laps on the small loop (left on Farmbrook side)?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #2 - 01/13/17 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Probably not today. I'm going out tomorrow to blow off the middle 1/3 and cut some trees out. I will make a judgment call tomorrow. But I'm sure poaching has been going on. I'm out working in the woods right now and it's pretty wet still. Sorry but I will see tomorrow.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 01/14/17 at 2:34am
Print Post  
My car is down so I will not be able to get over that way. I had Bob go out and take a look and he thought it should stay closed even though 20+ people were out riding while it is closed. So I would like to keep it closed but not everyone seems to think so. Go ride if you like someone else will fix it. Well not much longer for me ladies and gentleman and it is going to be someone else's problem and I glad to walk away from all responsibility and headaches for good!
« Last Edit: 01/14/17 at 2:35am by worker-rider »  

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Reply #4 - 01/14/17 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 01/14/17 at 2:34am:
My car is down so I will not be able to get over that way. I had Bob go out and take a look and he thought it should stay closed even though 20+ people were out riding while it is closed. So I would like to keep it closed but not everyone seems to think so. Go ride if you like someone else will fix it. Well not much longer for me ladies and gentleman and it is going to be someone else's problem and I glad to walk away from all responsibility and headaches for good!

Chin up Scott... those people don't mean it personally. They just weren't raised right.

IP Logged

Bobadamus
Coaster Bike

Exorcise Me!

Reply #5 - 01/15/17 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Soon as I get the text from Worker Rider I will open.  Poachers will Poach.   Gnomes  will Gnome.  But...fewer Gnomes than Poachers.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #6 - 01/15/17 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
BYT is open it wasn't open yesterday because of conditions but it looks like a lot of you went out anyway. So I hope you will take some time out to help work on trails that you help rut up. The chains are up for a reason not to stop you but to let you know what conditions are like. Just about over then I become one of you finally!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #7 - 01/15/17 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Scott, I had riders on the closed trails at LNSP, but there were fines involved there. I was on Monbo one day clearing drains, a rider came up the trail, I told him the trail was closed and he could get a ticket of the rangers caught him on the closed trail. He was from out of state and he told me that he didn't know trails were closed. I ask him if he didn't see the closed sign at the kiosk? I'm from Conn. I said, don't they teach you how to read in Conn.? I told him needed to leave before he got into trouble and pointed to the state road that run beside the trail and he left. Some folks don't pay attention to signs and are very disrespectable for others peoples time spent keeping the trails in good shape. It must be the "ME" generation thing! It's about time you let some younger riders take over your chores at BYT.

BBM

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #8 - 01/15/17 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 01/15/17 at 3:01pm:
BYT is open it wasn't open yesterday because of conditions but it looks like a lot of you went out anyway. So I hope you will take some time out to help work on trails that you help rut up. The chains are up for a reason not to stop you but to let you know what conditions are like. Just about over then I become one of you finally!

I haven't been on here in over a year, but I swear I've heard this before.  Cheesy

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #9 - 01/15/17 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
I've heard that from Scott before also, but there comes a time when you just have to go for it.

BTW Kit, thanks for the 18" bar and chain for my Husky chainsaw. It took awhile, but I got it from Lisa just before I moved to Snowshoe. Thanks again!

BBM

IP Logged

cmowery3
Big Ring

I wanna ride!

Reply #10 - 01/16/17 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
BigBikeMike wrote on 01/15/17 at 5:03pm:
Scott, I had riders on the closed trails at LNSP, but there were fines involved there. I was on Monbo one day clearing drains, a rider came up the trail, I told him the trail was closed and he could get a ticket of the rangers caught him on the closed trail. He was from out of state and he told me that he didn't know trails were closed. I ask him if he didn't see the closed sign at the kiosk? I'm from Conn.   

I said, don't they teach you how to read in Conn.? ...

BBM

Classic!  Love your response.

Ride & Smile...

IP Logged

Bobadamus
Coaster Bike

Exorcise Me!

Reply #11 - 01/16/17 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
KitJ BBQman wrote on 01/15/17 at 6:18pm:

I haven't been on here in over a year, but I swear I've heard this before.  Cheesy

I believe Scott is serious this time.  We need a succession plan to lead the few gnomes we have if we want to keep this inner city gem in decent shape.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print