Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Riverfront Classic (Read 1159 times)
cmowery3
Big Ring

I wanna ride!

Riverfront Classic
01/16/17 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Say it ain't so?

Just got the e-mail with the Southern Classic Series & our hometown race was noticeably absent.  Sad

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Ride & Smile...

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Re: Riverfront Classic
Reply #1 - 01/16/17 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
cmowery3 wrote on 01/16/17 at 3:07pm:
Say it ain't so?

Just got the e-mail with the Southern Classic Series & our hometown race was noticeably absent.  Sad 

SO

This is what happens when people stop attending and a fund raiser becomes no longer financially viable.

Plans to do something in 2018, apparently it takes that long to set up. Its my fault.  I was lousy President.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #2 - 01/17/17 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
The board had to make a tough call regarding this year's event.  We're working hard to put something new together that will be really awesome.  Do you want to help Cathi?!?  Smiley

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #3 - 01/17/17 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Doc00t wrote on 01/16/17 at 5:52pm:

Its my fault.  I was lousy President.

None of this Tom.  You da man, and your tenure as President was nothing but positive!!!  Thanks for everything you did, all the projects you got started and finished, and for everything you're still doing!  
« Last Edit: 01/17/17 at 10:06pm by TrillWill »  

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #4 - 07/18/17 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
I would love to see this come back as one big lap race, doing pretty much all the trails (yes even East Main FIRST)... it would be a great singlespeed only race too.... I wish I knew who to talk to about this! 

US National White Water Center Presents Singlespeed-a-palooza
Open SS
Sport SS

East Main > North Main > Figure 8 > North Main > Carpet > South Main > Tower 93 > Wedge > Goat Hill > Toilet Bowl > Weigh Station > Finishes the same way the Weds night races do....

Where do I sign up!?

Do I need to talk to Neal? 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 07/19/17 at 2:11am
Print Post  
You would probably need to talk to usnwc.  It's been years since they brought on any new races that were not part of their in-house race series.  Most races managed by independent promoters at usnwc have been happening annually since before the Whitewater Race Series was conceived, and are sort of "grandfathered in."

There was a big single speed race there in 2011 and 2012, but very few people attended.  It was called NCSSC, and I doubt they'd be terribly interested in reviving it.

There was talk within the Whitewater race series about creating a race that did every trail onsite, which means it would grow in distance over time.  Maybe they'll get that going next year.

work to eat.  eat to live.  live to ride.  ride to work.
IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #6 - 07/19/17 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
ha, just googled it and found a vimeo video you posted that is no longer available Sad

EDIT: man, after reading the recap from Jason on the blog here: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) , it sounds like a awesome event! Bummer it went away...
« Last Edit: 07/19/17 at 12:48pm by pearl »  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print