Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic SWDP Beer Challenge! (Read 634 times)
abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

SWDP Beer Challenge!
03/04/17 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
The Tamale extension is officially open for business. It is soft and fluffy in spots and riding pretty slow right now. Plus the return gully crossing is temporary, and would probably not work if we get a lot of rain.

Here’s the thing though; when we cleared the trail, we discovered a large root in the middle of a right turn that starts the uphill climb. I am not a great rider (especially since blowing out my knee last year) but when I look at this turn I feel like I should be able to navigate it. It’s deceptively difficult though, and I failed after five tries.

CHALLENGE: The first person successfully making this turn and the subsequent climb is in for FREE BEER.

RULES: 1) You must post conclusive video evidence that you made the new climb without dismounting or dabbing a foot. 2) You must show up at the August 3rd THTB meeting at the Whitewater Center. 3) You must be 21 or over and drink beer.

(NOTE: To reach the new section, take the Tamale loop option. After the downhill section, about the middle of the loop, you will see a hand painted option sign. Turn right and cross the bridge. The climb begins after the left U-turn at the bottom of the hill.)

SWDP Trailhead is at: 1720 Vilma St, Charlotte, NC 28208

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Re: SWDP Beer Challenge!
Reply #1 - 03/06/17 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Kudos for offering up a challenge to get me off my butt and over to a new trail today!

Cleaned it but 1- I don't drink, 2- I definitely don't want to video myself, and 3- I probably will forget about the meeting. 

Props on the trail work. I won't give any details away. Someone else needs to get out there and claim the bounty. Good luck and thanks man!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Re: SWDP Beer Challenge!
Reply #2 - 03/06/17 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the props! Glad you enjoyed the trail and congrats for clearing that climb!

Challenge is still on... BEER for the first to post a successful climb on the new section!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print