Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Trailblazers need your help!! (Read 11272 times)
DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: The Trailblazers need your help!!
Reply #20 - 04/05/17 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Doc00t wrote on 04/05/17 at 1:12pm:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Ok, the fact that i did not knew about it does not mean too much, but how many "me" are around? and frankly I do not find it appealing. The THB Logo that is present in the website is beautiful, in the jersey it almost disappear in the dark background and frankly I find not appealing that huge white light in the front with THB written with a different font from the logo font.
Of course this in MY PERSONAL opinion and count for one.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #21 - 04/06/17 at 11:41am
Print Post  
BJE wrote on 04/04/17 at 3:55pm:
A great place to set up would also be at any of the local races. CYCL is having one at RBP this Sunday (4/9). 

What about a THTB series?  Or some type of lightly organized event outside the weekly rides even if it's not promoted / just for fun / just for members (maybe required member or required donation at each "race")?  Or would that be stepping on Neal's domain too much?  I'm just always surprised the amount of people even at races who have never heard of THTB. 

I don't know what would need to go into something like that so I may be way mispoken, but I do know there was a decent amount of people who participated in Greg's virtual ride series the first year.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #22 - 04/06/17 at 11:46am
Print Post  
DG wrote on 04/05/17 at 3:10pm:

Ok, the fact that i did not knew about it does not mean too much, but how many "me" are around? and frankly I do not find it appealing. The THB Logo that is present in the website is beautiful, in the jersey it almost disappear in the dark background and frankly I find not appealing that huge white light in the front with THB written with a different font from the logo font.

I didn't know about it either - is there somewhere local that has them to be tried on?

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Reply #23 - 04/06/17 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Sorry you don't like the Jerseys.  I'm not a fan of red myself but the majority won out.   

Do you think Time trials "races"  would be good?  No mass start, people come out to a trail, do a lap for a fee.  (Will take volunteers and organizers to pull this off. Will need to get permission from landowner, buy insurance, figure out the timing...)

The Cycle Path has some Jerseys but if you wanted, could try them at a Tuesday night ride if you let me know ahead of time.  Can even take a card payment with square. Same with Hoodies, and tech tees.

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #24 - 04/06/17 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
DG wrote on 04/05/17 at 3:10pm:

On that jersey we decided to do something different for our 25th anniversary.  That and the previous jersey were both done by Primal which out of the past 16 years worth of jerseys fit the best, IMHO. Smiley

BTW I can post pictures of all but the very first club jersey if you'd like to see them.  I have them all in my closet but the OG one. Wink

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #25 - 04/06/17 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Doc00t wrote on 04/06/17 at 2:23pm:
Sorry you don't like the Jerseys.  I'm not a fan of red myself but the majority won out.  

Do you think Time trials "races"  would be good?  No mass start, people come out to a trail, do a lap for a fee.  (Will take volunteers and organizers to pull this off. Will need to get permission from landowner, buy insurance, figure out the timing...)

The Cycle Path has some Jerseys but if you wanted, could try them at a Tuesday night ride if you let me know ahead of time.  Can even take a card payment with square. Same with Hoodies, and tech tees.

Ok - I may be in Davidson in the next week or two so I may drop by Mark's... I usually prefer regular polyester type shirts / club fit type of jerseys but they rarely have back pockets.

I personally wouldn't mind time trials - at least to the point of where there are a good people wanting to do it.  There would still need to be some categories and placement as that's what makes it appealing... once again IMO

IP Logged

Captain Awesome
Small Cog

Work, Ride, Repeat

Reply #26 - 04/06/17 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Doc00t wrote on 04/06/17 at 2:23pm:

Could be fun and cool

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #27 - 04/11/17 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I think time trials / social races both would bring people out as far as gaining membership and spreading word.  I'm not sure that charging enough to make it a source of revenue would be a good idea as if you start charging enough to make it worth it people will want too much from it.   

I envision a super laid back social race/TT with a low entrace fee (or free for members) with no medals or anything (maybe a weekly standings similar to the virtual race Greg set up).  Who knows - at some point there may be enough interest and participants for local businesses to donate stuff (even non bike related).

IP Logged

Dave H

Reply #28 - 04/19/17 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 04/06/17 at 3:55pm:

On that jersey we decided to do something different for our 25th anniversary.  That and the previous jersey were both done by Primal which out of the past 16 years worth of jerseys fit the best, IMHO. Smiley

BTW I can post pictures of all but the very first club jersey if you'd like to see them.  I have them all in my closet but the OG one. Wink

Do it! Would love to see past designs. Laid back social race would also be fun, I wouldnt mind doing a relay or team race as well. 

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #29 - 04/21/17 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Time Trials would be a great way to make some money for the club but moreso to increase membership. We need and can get TT event insurance  - but the insurance only covers club members. Thus anyone wanting to participate must be a member or join.

The use of TTs has helped several other clubs in the Southeast increase membership. Like any event, it takes some time and work to pull together, but its very doable and could pay great benefits in garnering new members.

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

FMWilly
Coaster Bike

Reply #30 - 04/22/17 at 1:39am
Print Post  
What about having a bike clinic on stuff like form, proper riding technique, how to manual, bunny hop, bike repair. 

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #31 - 04/24/17 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 04/21/17 at 10:36pm:
Time Trials would be a great way to make some money for the club but moreso to increase membership. We need and can get TT event insurance  - but the insurance only covers club members. Thus anyone wanting to participate must be a member or join.

The use of TTs has helped several other clubs in the Southeast increase membership. Like any event, it takes some time and work to pull together, but its very doable and could pay great benefits in garnering new members.

I think you have it right there (increased membership) - weekly TT "races" but you must be a member so the insurance covers you.

IP Logged

Zakaraia Hermes
Coaster Bike

Reply #32 - 04/24/17 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I'm new here but wouldn't a slalom race be way more fun and more mountian bike oriented than tt? I'd be out for a slalom race for sure

IP Logged

Dave H

Reply #33 - 04/24/17 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
FMWilly wrote on 04/22/17 at 1:39am:
What about having a bike clinic on stuff like form, proper riding technique, how to manual, bunny hop, bike repair. 

I'm not trying to hijack the thread here but as someone who is new to the mountain bike community, I would definitely attend a skills clinic. Could be a good opportunity to engage new riders and recruit members for the club.

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #34 - 04/24/17 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
All good thoughts everyone. We are looking into time trail races and the like but we have to get the insurance details figured out first so look for those in the future. 

Skills clinics also a little tricky since technically we would need to have certified instructors to teach to be able to call them skills clinics.

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

Dave H

Reply #35 - 04/25/17 at 11:54am
Print Post  
catsruletn wrote on 04/24/17 at 6:47pm:

Skills clinics also a little tricky since technically we would need to have certified instructors to teach to be able to call them skills clinics.

lol, well lets call them something else then! No need to pay or get a certified instructor when there's plenty of experienced members who can do the same thing. 

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #36 - 04/25/17 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
catsruletn wrote on 04/24/17 at 6:47pm:

I know a certified instructor who lives in Mooresville  Wink   

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #37 - 04/26/17 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 04/21/17 at 10:36pm:

I think TT is a great idea, and  think about general public, not only enthusiast. These are already members. You want to get families and so on. So why not organize an easy circuit just for the fun of it. Could be the mc Alpine park, not at all  difficult but lot of space and easy to get to for everyone in town. There is a!So the space to have shops booth or club tent. If you need I know one of the managers at parks and recs and I can put you in touch with him.

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #38 - 04/26/17 at 2:06am
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 04/06/17 at 3:55pm:

Let's see old design if possible

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #39 - 04/26/17 at 3:00am
Print Post  
TrillWill wrote on 04/25/17 at 7:46pm:

I know a certified instructor who lives in Mooresville  Wink  

Maybe you should let said instructor know that there are a bunch of dudes here who would like to know how to ride bikes in more rad ways.  Cool

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Print