Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic FREE Kids Ride and Cookout (Read 969 times)
Dennis
In The Loop

FREE Kids Ride and Cookout
06/04/17 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Saturday June 10 is IMBA Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day @ Francis Beatty Park. Registration starts at 8:00 with rides beginning at 9:00. FREE burgers and dogs cookout is at 12:00. Meet at the softball fields parking lot. See TTB Facebook Page for more details.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

pokyman

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: FREE Kids Ride and Cookout
Reply #1 - 06/10/17 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
This was a nice, well run event.  I met a few more TrailBlazers this morning, and saw a couple of familiar faces as well.

We paired up with the Dirt Divas, and they were great with my 9 year old.  She's ridden the green at Beatty before, but coaching from someone other than her parents was priceless - special thanks to Heather, and one other who's name I didn't get.  Their guidance had her charging up a hill (incline) that left her in tears just an hour earlier!

Thanks to all who donated their time!
Steve

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 06/11/17 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I second that this was a greatly run event and my daughter had an awesome time and is still talking about it!

IP Logged

Dennis
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 06/12/17 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Good Times at Francis Beatty Park on Saturday. Lots of smiles, laughs, falls, scrapes, more laughs...and that was just the adults!! We had a great turnout and beautiful weather to enjoy all the work the gnomes put into the trails in preparation for the event. Thanks to everyone that joined us to make this the biggest and most successful TAKMBD ever. 

I received a Thank You message from Paula Fricke, Executive Director of Trips for Kids Charlotte that reads in part: 

"There's no doubt Saturday was our biggest and best TAKMBD yet! Please pass on my thanks to all of the Trailblazers for their help and support. You all make it soooo much easier!"

Go to the Trips for Kids Charlotte Facebook page to view pictures!

Well done Trailblazers!

Dennis

« Last Edit: 06/12/17 at 11:56pm by Dennis »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print