Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riding with the Ranger at Lake Norman State Park (Read 8603 times)
BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Riding with the Ranger at Lake Norman State Park
Reply #40 - 10/16/17 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Will, it was nice to meet you Saturday and wish I could've rode the whole loop with you. I haven't been on the bike that much and that thing on my leg started cutting into my skin, so I had to get some relief. Tell Brian to keep up the good work he is doing and I'll try to ride next visit. I sent Amy some deer pictures, so make sure you see them

BBM

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #41 - 10/18/17 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Thanks BBM. It was great meeting you. And, I am more than impressed you made it that far with "that thing on your leg". 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #42 - 10/19/17 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Thanks Will!! I don't have anything on my leg anymore. I stopped in the pine forest and made an adjustment on the bag so it wouldn't cut into my leg. I sure did like what Will and the trail gnomes did at the end of Laurel!  Did you see the pictures I sent Amy? Those 10 pointers got into it this morning and the older one ran the other one off.
Have a good one!!

BBM

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #43 - 10/25/17 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
BBM, those are some big deer! They let you walk up to them? Friendly. 

Trails are open. Might be a mess from the storm. The Ranger is NOT going to be there. His schedule changed.. and he is scheduled off today. And as a normal person, he does NOT want to come in to his work on his day off. So, ride 'em without him. 

The Ranger will schedule another Saturday ride in November. He'll let you know ASAP. 

If there is interest in night rides-- and we can get together a decent group, the Ranger is willing to stay late. Gates close in the state park at 6 starting in November. 

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #44 - 10/25/17 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Will, I can get real close to them. The 8 pointer, I can pet him, rub his antlers and ears. I do watch that he doesn't gore me with his antlers when he hears something. He jerks his head up to see things and I have to be careful.

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #45 - 11/02/17 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
The Ranger is planning to ride next Saturday-- 11/11 at 3PM. Will ride whatever.

No one seems interested in the idea of night rides-- so the Ranger will nix that. 

Gates close at 6 PM.

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #46 - 12/06/17 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Every year, state parks across the country lead "First Day Hikes" on January 1st. 

January 1, 2018, I, The Ranger, will be leading a First Day (Bike) Hike. I plan to ride Hawk Loop and Norwood Loop at a slower pace and stop along the way to show participates what they may be missing on a normal ride (beaver dams, trees, animals). 

This could be a good ride for those who are looking to start riding in the new year... or a chance to get husbands, wives, kids out for a fun ride through the woods. 

The ride will begin around 11 AM and we will meet at the Visitor Center under the American Flag.

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Reply #47 - 12/06/17 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Man, I signed up for a run right before I read this. I have never been up there but would love to do one of these family rides if you ever do one on the weekend

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #48 - 12/30/17 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
The Ranger still plans on hitting the trails Monday at 11 AM even in the cold. He is planning on taking Hawk and Norwood at a slow pace. He wants to enjoy all the nature as he rides. 

Meet under the American Flag at 11 AM.

IP Logged

drdirt55
Small Cog

Stupid should be painful

Reply #49 - 01/01/18 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
I wish I could make it. Hate to leave the ranger outin the cold. Hope some brave riders make it out today

Ride On

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #50 - 07/07/18 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
On Saturday, July 28 @ 1000, the Ranger plans to hold a "Kids Ride" at Lake Norman State Park. He plans to ride Hawk & Norwood at a nice and easy pace-- and check out some neat nature along the way. The ride is open to all ages!

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Reply #51 - 07/09/18 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Me and my daughter plan to attend. If your reading this come out and partake. The ranger is a big supporter of mountain biking!
« Last Edit: 07/09/18 at 3:36pm by jaybase09 »  

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Reply #52 - 07/24/18 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Reminder kids ride with the ranger this Saturday at 10 am!

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #53 - 07/26/18 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Saturday Morning at 10 AM. Meet under the American Flag. This ride is open to kids and adults of all ages whom are interested in slowing it down and checking out the what's around them!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Print