Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic East Charlotte Pump Tracks (Read 737 times)
Sierra_bravo
Coaster Bike

Way to many post

East Charlotte Pump Tracks
09/03/17 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Been a while since I posted something,

Recently I had the bright idea to pick up a older but decent BMX bike to complement the other rides. While riding around on a BMX bike is pretty fun on its own, I've been want to sharpen my pumping skills on a proper track. I know we have the Hornet's nest and Rocky branch tracks but both those are a considerable distance from me and the Hornet's track isn't open to public practice most days of the weem. 

So I wanted to ask if anyone knows of other pump tracks in the east Charlotte area?

Thanks in advance
-Sam
« Last Edit: 09/03/17 at 8:36pm by Sierra_bravo »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Professional New Guy-Will work for bike parts

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Re: East Charlotte Pump Tracks
Reply #1 - 09/04/17 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Best bet is the Rock Hill BMX track. In addition to the world class facilities and track they have an asphalt pump track that's pretty cool. While it's still a bit of a hike traffic is much better than fighting I77 North. Depending on how far East you are you might also consider Daniel Dhers action sport complex in Greenville. Supposed to be very cool.
« Last Edit: 09/04/17 at 2:23am by NC Kingsting »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

markm211

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 09/04/17 at 10:40am
Print Post  
You might try North Meck, they have a fun pump track as well. It's been a while since I was there but Signal Hill in Statesville has/had a good one along with some fun dirt jumps.

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #3 - 09/05/17 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
markm211 wrote on 09/04/17 at 10:40am:
You might try North Meck, they have a fun pump track as well. It's been a while since I was there but Signal Hill in Statesville has/had a good one along with some fun dirt jumps.

North Meck is small but in good shape.   

I stopped by the Signal Hill Pump track a few weeks ago and it's in pretty rough shape.  The crew that dug there to build it up doesn't dig there anymore.  The DJ's are pretty much grown over too.

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Sierra_bravo
Coaster Bike

Way to many post

Reply #4 - 09/06/17 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies guys. Didn't realize the Rock Hill park had an Asphalt track. I'll be looking into all the mentioned places, and hopefully go to one soon enough.

Professional New Guy-Will work for bike parts

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 09/06/17 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Rocky Branch in Belmont also has a pump track (similar to N Meck).  We hopefully will be riding there tomorrow before the monthly THTB meeting at SMC in Belmont if the rain stops earlier enough.

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #6 - 09/08/17 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Rode the track at Rocky Branch yesterday and it was really fun!  It was actually the first time I've gotten to ride it since we built it.

I've got a video o my instagram @trillwill03 and I'll be posting one on the trailblazers facebook and instagram sometime soon.

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 09/08/17 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Glad you finally got to enjoy the track (and the trail).  Cheesy
Hopefully we will see you down our way again soon. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print