Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic New Anti Theft Device (Read 867 times)
DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

New Anti Theft Device
09/13/17 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I have friends in Italy that came out with a great new tracking device for the bike. It connected to the 2G network and able the owner to trace where the bicycle is. The good thing is that is invisible. If you are interested contact me and I will email you details. I think I can get it for around 200 dollars. But will keep posted.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Re: New Anti Theft Device
Reply #1 - 09/13/17 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
There's a limited life span on 2G. The carriers are in the process of shutting it down to free up those bands.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 09/13/17 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
SirNotAppearing wrote on 09/13/17 at 2:14pm:
There's a limited life span on 2G. The carriers are in the process of shutting it down to free up those bands.

When it will be shut down the 2g network? If it is a 5 years project it is worth spending the money if you have a 1500 dollar bike. The system gives 2 years of free service after that they sell a monthly subscription.

IP Logged

Joe F
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 09/14/17 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I am in the industry. Can you hear me now?  

We estimate keeping our 2G network running through 2019.  I believe AT&T may have shut their 2G down last year or at least they had planned to.  Last I heard T-Mobile was planning to keep their 2G up through 2020. I haven't heard what Sprint's plans are yet.  Check with Paul.  He relocated over there and is asking their customers if they can hear him now.  
Wink
« Last Edit: 09/14/17 at 1:07am by Joe F »  

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 09/22/17 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Joe F wrote on 09/14/17 at 12:56am:
I am in the industry. Can you hear me now?  

We estimate keeping our 2G network running through 2019.  I believe AT&T may have shut their 2G down last year or at least they had planned to.  Last I heard T-Mobile was planning to keep their 2G up through 2020. I haven't heard what Sprint's plans are yet.  Check with Paul.  He relocated over there and is asking their customers if they can hear him now.  
Wink

I work in IT; we've had customers who have had to have their alarm systems redesigned recently due to lake of density/coverage or even availability of the 2G network.

Also, if you got a way to make it invisible why don't they cut to the chase and just make the bike invisible?  Cheesy

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #5 - 09/22/17 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
sCvHeaVens wrote on 09/22/17 at 2:04pm:

Also, if you got a way to make it invisible why don't they cut to the chase and just make the bike invisible?  Cheesy

Haha, I like the way you think. 

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #6 - 09/22/17 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
sCvHeaVens wrote on 09/22/17 at 2:04pm:

I work in IT; we've had customers who have had to have their alarm systems redesigned recently due to lake of density/coverage or even availability of the 2G network.

Yes the thieves will make the bike invisible! they are great in that
« Last Edit: 09/22/17 at 4:04pm by DG »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print