Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Yellow Jacket swarm on BYT (Read 836 times)
817nick

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Yellow Jacket swarm on BYT
09/30/17 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hello All! I live on Farmbrook dr and backup to the trail. I wanted to warn people about an angry yellow jacket nest to the far right (right and then right) once you enter from the trail head, not more than a minute past the start.

Might be died down by now but look out!!

Nick

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Re: Yellow Jacket swarm on BYT
Reply #1 - 09/30/17 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
A little further in the trail a bit before the poo tracks I got stung on the eyelid last Sunday by a yellow jacket. So looks like there are a few angry swarms. 
Angry

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 09/30/17 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
+1 last Wednesday, before the big rock roll/drop.

IP Logged

jonesn
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 10/01/17 at 1:25am
Print Post  
This time of the year their nests are at the PEAK in populations. STAY AWAY OR ELSE!!!! It really doesn't take much to pi  . THEM OFF and then is ON! Was riding thru the Freedom Park area last week and an Exterminator had 2 nest stirred up and I swear there were 2 to 3K yellow jackets in an area about the size of 2 parking spaces. That guy was running for his LIFE! Very CRAZY aggressive this time of year!

Former Owner - Metro Cycle Messenger  Service in Downtown Charlotte N.C. (1997 - 2005) R.I.P.

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 10/01/17 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Wow, I must have been really lucky. Just rode BYT this morning. Didn't come across one yellow jacket. I entered around 11:45 and came out around 1:25. I split off to ride PRP whilst in BYT. Love that you can now link to it via the green way.

IP Logged

pughjetsound
Coaster Bike

motorbicycling

Reply #5 - 10/01/17 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Got popped by one on thread trail at wwc yesterday.

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print