Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic 2018 Winter Short Track Work Day(s) January 6-7 (Read 1445 times)
Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

2018 Winter Short Track Work Day(s) January 6-7
12/06/17 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Its that time of year again for the annual short track work day(s) scheduled for January 6-7. We will meet at 9am until 2-3 each day on the soccer field side. Bring water, gloves, boots. Tools and possibly snacks will be provided. 

For the past 4 years we have worked to change and add new features to short track prior to the Winter Series. The goal is to keep the racing fresh and to showcase the THTB talents when it comes to trail and feature building for the 300-400 races. We have already benched in the ¼ mile short track extension (yes more trail). The goal of this work day is to finish this new trail, armoring, and adding new racing features. 

Below is a summary of projects planned: 

Crusher: The new trail and a few other segments will need crush spread to weatherize the trail.

Berms: There is a new berm needed at the entrance to the short track extension. It’s a full 180 degree down hill sweeper which should allow racers to get a lot of speed.   

New Downhill: The new trail has a sweet, all be it short, new downhill. There is a large rock which needs to be relocated. Also, the down hill has 2 progressive hip/drop jumps which need to be finished. 

A-Line Climb: Another new feature. The new downhill creates an all new climb out. The goal is to create a shorter/faster/harder A line climb to provide a decision making point/passing location for riders. It comes with the penalty of hurting like hell to clean it. 

2016 Drop Line:      Last year we created a drop line which was intended to provide options for racing, but resulted in a poor merge section. This year I would like to add telephone poles or grade separate to separate the two lines with an "entrance exam" for the faster line.                  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

KevinB
Little Ring

Re: 2018 Winter Short Track Work Day(s) January 6-7
Reply #1 - 12/06/17 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
300-400 races?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #2 - 12/06/17 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
It's gonna be a good weekend of trail work  Cool

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 12/06/17 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
KevinB wrote on 12/06/17 at 5:07pm:
300-400 races?

There were over 200 participants in Race 5 alone last year...This year we are expecting more Juniors because of the success of NICA and Bik'n Dads, and there is rumor of a beer sponsor and hidden kegs...so Faster Mustache and Drunk Cyclists should be back...so yeah 300-400 participates. 

Also, 2017 series standings total 429 total racers...some of those being redundant. 

So i will update, 400-500 racers.
« Last Edit: 12/06/17 at 5:42pm by Wears my bike »  

IP Logged

AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 12/06/17 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
I'll come help assuming I'm in town.  Sounds like fun, post more details about time, etc. as the date nears.

Any way we can exchange the gravel road and parking lot for trail with obstacles to take some of these roadie guys down a notch or two.

Wink

Kidding - love the short track, always fun.

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 12/06/17 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
For those not in the know this is Renni still, correct?

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Reply #6 - 12/06/17 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
jaybase09 wrote on 12/06/17 at 8:21pm:
For those not in the know this is Renni still, correct?

Yes, Correct

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 12/07/17 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
so much other trail to look foward to ride out there, while the short track is being promoted here there are works going into the other side of the Park. Support the Renni Revival ...bringing faster more tech lines and new features . Get out there and RAMFB..but in the mean time get off your azzes and help the short track out. Still bitchin to get a hot lap on just now you have to earn it boyz  and girlz..Spring 2018  new lines , new features and new friends along the way. Renni aint dead yet...RAMFB...

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #8 - 01/07/18 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Big thank you to everyone who came out to help. Lots of work completed, lots of volunteers....I just wish i had more work lined up in time for all the volunteers who came.

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #9 - 01/10/18 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all the work that everyone put in at the short track weekend!  I'm looking forward to seeing some great racing in a couple weeks.

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print