Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ann Springs Night Ride Thursday Feb 1st (Read 2777 times)
Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ann Springs Night Ride Thursday Feb 1st
01/29/18 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Due to the rain the night ride has been moved to Thursday feb 1st. It's going to be a nicer day anyway.

Get those head lamps out and come experience the Greenway's MTB trails after hours! 

On Feb 1st we will be gathering at the Recreation Complex for a mountain bike ride at night. While typically night riding is not allowed on the Greenway, we are going to make an exception this night! So bring your headlamps (at least 500 lumens), helmets, and bikes and come ride Paradise Loop. We ask that riders who attend have experience riding mountain bikes as night riding can increase the intensity. 

Riders can start riding at 5:45pm and ride as many loops as they wish until 7:30pm. Last lap starts at 7:30pm and we will be sweeping the course at that time. 

This ride is free to Greenway members, $5 entry fee to non-members.

Come join in.
Doug S.
« Last Edit: 01/30/18 at 9:06pm by Vasco »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

cyclingkk
Coaster Bike

Re: Ann Springs Night Ride Thursday Feb 1st
Reply #1 - 01/29/18 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to Thursday with warmer weather in tap.
BTW, your post still mentions Jan 30th which could be a bit confusing to some.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #2 - 01/30/18 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I'm in! This should be fun.  Too bad we can't ride the newness on the Prairie Loop but at least we'll get to hammer Paradise Loop in the dark!   

Thanks, Ms. Springs, for your continued support & generosity to the mtn biking community!  We are eternally grateful!

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #3 - 01/30/18 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Not that I'll make either, but this is the same night as the first TTB meeting of 2018?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 01/30/18 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
cyclingkk wrote on 01/29/18 at 8:57pm:
Looking forward to Thursday with warmer weather in tap.
BTW, your post still mentions Jan 30th which could be a bit confusing to some.

Got to be careful of copy and paste! Fixed it.
Doug S.

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/30/18 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/30/18 at 5:04pm:
Not that I'll make either, but this is the same night as the first TTB meeting of 2018?

Yep, I know. Just the way it worked out with the rain.
Doug S.

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #6 - 02/02/18 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Good times!  Glad to be able to take advantage of such a rare opportunity.
« Last Edit: 02/02/18 at 1:34am by DavidM »  

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 02/02/18 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
There were 50+ riders who showed up. I'll post the March ride as soon as I have the details.
Doug S.

IP Logged

cyclingkk
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 02/03/18 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Vasco wrote on 02/02/18 at 9:48pm:
There were 50+ riders who showed up. I'll post the March ride as soon as I have the details.
Doug S.

I got an awesome workout with you leading Barry and I. Thanks a bunch for helping make this happen!
Keith

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #9 - 02/03/18 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Will this be a regular/monthly occurrence?  That would be awesome!  Maybe it could alternate with the prairie loop?
« Last Edit: 02/03/18 at 12:43pm by DavidM »  

IP Logged

dave mac

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #10 - 12/18/18 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
So just to clarify night riding is not allowed at ann springs unless approved?? 

thanks

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #11 - 12/18/18 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
You are absolutely correct.

IP Logged

DSO
Coaster Bike

Reply #12 - 01/15/19 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Posted on "Anne Springs Close Greenway Mountain Biking" Facebook page yesterday:

Hi everyone. We wanted to touch base on a topic that comes up a lot: night riding. We do not allow night riding on the Greenway. We have offered Greenway-sanctioned night rides in the past, but will no longer be offering these due to the high volume of people riding on non-sanctioned nights. While we are thrilled that you all want to use our trails so much, we do not allow night riding for both the protection of our trails and our liability. It is considered trespassing to be on the property after close, and we will be pressing charges if you are found on the property after close (sunset). We understand the thrill of night riding and encourage you to seek out other parks that allow night riding. Thank you!

--------

Bummer. Night riding is fun and allows us working dudes a time to get some miles in during the short daylight months
« Last Edit: 01/15/19 at 6:11pm by DSO »  

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #13 - 01/15/19 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
That is a bummer...the Riverwalk trail in Rock Thrill allows night riding but I haven't been there in a while due to neighborhood development encroaching on the trail.  The BY is thrilling at night & it's not too far from Ft Mill.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #14 - 01/16/19 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
DavidM wrote on 01/15/19 at 9:56pm:
That is a bummer...the Riverwalk trail in Rock Thrill allows night riding but I haven't been there in a while due to neighborhood development encroaching on the trail.  The BY is thrilling at night & it's not too far from Ft Mill.

Supposedly Riverwalk trails are closing due to development.

As for Springs, F em.  They don't stop people from playing tennis, softball and related after dark.  Why single out mountain bikers?

IP Logged

DSO
Coaster Bike

Reply #15 - 01/16/19 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 01/16/19 at 1:03pm:

Supposedly Riverwalk trails are closing due to development.

As for Springs, F em.  They don't stop people from playing tennis, softball and related after dark.  Why single out mountain bikers?

I agree. How does riding in the dark erode the trails worse than riding in the day? I have the same bike, same speed, take the same lines. I do use 750 + 1000 lumen lights, not laser beams.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print