Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) BYT Question (Read 1513 times)
Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

BYT Question
02/04/18 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Are we expecting the more technical part of the trail closer to Tyvola to reopen or did I miss the turn for it yesterday?   Huh
« Last Edit: 02/04/18 at 6:29pm by Robert C. »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Re: BUT Question
Reply #1 - 02/04/18 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
BYT. 
If you are asking about the tech loop then the new entrance is now on the greenway. At some point I may also reopen the upper entrance which is closer to the new parking lot. 
The section that used to run parallel to Tyvola and included the concrete culvert is now abandoned. So much of its length was lost for the greenway I felt trying to incorporate it back into the new stuff was not worth the time. 
BUT once all the dust has settled I will take a look again and see if some of it can or should be saved. 

ciao
Santana

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 02/04/18 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Can you elaborate on that please?
Firstly, what is considered the tech loop? I may already be riding it and not know it's called that.
I noticed 3 entrances into BYT from the greenway. How do I identify the entrance to the tech loop?
If you're already in BYT how/where do you pick up the tech loop?

I really like that MD, BYT and PRP are now all linked together without having to get on the road.

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #3 - 02/04/18 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Check out the links below.  I also posted the area map in a separate thread a month or two back on THTB as well.  i can mark up the map for the tech loop entrance if needed when i get to my work computer.  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 02/04/18 at 5:09pm by Harry Balsagna »  

I'm in no condition to ride...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #4 - 02/04/18 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
NC_Pyga wrote on 02/04/18 at 4:17pm:

If you're already in BYT how/where do you pick up the tech loop?

I really like that MD, BYT and PRP are now all linked together without having to get on the road.

Updated mapping and signage are coming once the greenway construction dust settles.  That will help clear up which loops are which, especially since greenway users will be wandering onto the trails

The under Tyvola is clutch.  No more frogger accross the road to get to and from MD.

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Re: BYT Question
Reply #5 - 02/04/18 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Ok cool.  Oh and guess i need to always wear my glasses when typing. Embarrassed

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #6 - 02/04/18 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Harry Balsagna wrote on 02/04/18 at 5:08pm:
Check out the links below.  I also posted the area map in a separate thread a month or two back on THTB as well.  i can mark up the map for the tech loop entrance if needed when i get to my work computer.  

Thanks for posting the maps. If I'm reading it correctly it seems I've been missing the tech loop. I didn't think anything on that side of the service road was open after the closure when the greenway construction started. I'll have to go check it out. My plan was to ride there today but the rain killed that idea  Sad

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #7 - 02/04/18 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I have some so called signs/markers that will get put up at the enterances on and off the greenway. You won't be able to miss them. Will get them up as soon as I am able. Might need some help with this. Little bit of mtb artwork. Part of the tech loop was flipped backwards but is still lots of fun.
« Last Edit: 02/04/18 at 10:12pm by worker-rider »  

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #8 - 02/05/18 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 02/04/18 at 10:11pm:
I have some so called signs/markers that will get put up at the enterances on and off the greenway. You won't be able to miss them. Will get them up as soon as I am able. Might need some help with this. Little bit of mtb artwork. Part of the tech loop was flipped backwards but is still lots of fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got made up.  Let me know when you are able to get out to put them up.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #9 - 02/05/18 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
I've never ridden BYT. I saw Santos on the Single-track Sampler the other day. Is BYT anything like that?

GTalk  
IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #10 - 02/06/18 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Santos as in the place down in Florida? If so then not really. Santos has a lot of man made bridges and skinnies. 
BYT has more jumps, rocks, and roots. Plus poo mud.

ciao
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #11 - 02/06/18 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Where did you park for your Strava link?

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #12 - 02/06/18 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
sCvHeaVens wrote on 02/06/18 at 8:27pm:
Where did you park for your Strava link?

The trail is out my back fence.  Best places to park and ride are at PRP by the lower softball fields or at the MD rec center.

IP Logged

2whldrifter
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/22/18 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
BYT was a bit wet on 2/20 in the afternoon- I turned around and headed right back out as I was doing some erosive damage - very happy to see someone closed it off to let it dry out.  Warm weather condensation is tough on trails as moisture surfaces.  Thanks to all who support this trail.

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #14 - 02/22/18 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
BYT was a bit wet on 2/20 in the afternoon- I turned around and headed right back out as I was doing some erosive damage - very happy to see someone closed it off to let it dry out.  Warm weather condensation is tough on trails as moisture surfaces.  Thanks to all who support this trail.

Thanks for that!  Much appreciated.  I did close the trail back up yesterday after seeing how slowly it was drying, hoping this humid weater moves on out soon.  PRP side remains open and in good shape.   

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #15 - 02/22/18 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Excuse my ignorance, but is the PRP side the bit next to the Marion Diehl parking lot? Also, any possibility of an afternoon open today? Thanks!

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #16 - 02/22/18 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 02/22/18 at 3:55pm:
Excuse my ignorance, but is the PRP side the bit next to the Marion Diehl parking lot? Also, any possibility of an afternoon open today? Thanks!

PRP side is the trails within Park Rd Park, ~ 3miles.  Most of the trail is behind the softball fields and playground.  Best place to park is the lower softball fields parking lot (behind and below the ranger station along the service rd).  Due to construction trailhead signs are waiting to be permanently established.  MTB project has a good (slightly older) map of the area and ive posted one in a seperate thread (forget which thread though).  Feel free to contact me directly if you need specific directions.  

I'd say its unlikely BYT side will open today though ill scout it this afternoon.  PRP side is open.   

« Last Edit: 02/22/18 at 4:05pm by Harry Balsagna »  

IP Logged

Bagadonuts
Coaster Bike

Reply #17 - 02/22/18 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I have just completed the remapping of the entire BYT / MD / PRP trail system for MTBProject.  This was something I have been meaning to do for about a year but I waited until the greenway construction was complete to finish.  Thanks to David for all his help in this matter.  The MTBProject admin still need to approve of the final mapping before it can be uploaded to a mobile device but that should be done by the end of the week.  This was a ton more work then I originally anticipated but I think it turned out nicely.  It's definitely some of my best work.  I believe the plan is blow up this mapping to use in the new trail kiosk that will be build at the new parking lot on Tyvola off of the service street.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print