Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic I wonder when the state park will open? (Read 1033 times)
808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

I wonder when the state park will open?
02/18/18 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I understand that the soil at each trailer location is a little different but come on now.    Sometimes trail use when the soil is still a little soft helps make for a better trail. That way things that wash down and into next and crannies of the trail yet packed down. Just my two cents.  I certainly road during the summer when I was surprised at how wet the trails were, I can’t imagine they are that much worse now.  But for the record, I am a whiner about closing trails.  Grin

PS I bet they open in 5 min!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Re: I wonder when the state park will open?
Reply #1 - 02/18/18 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
God dang frigging auto correct!  You get my drift...!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 02/18/18 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Yeah I was hoping to go ride up there tomorrow for the first time ever but was also surprised how long it has been closed

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 02/19/18 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I used to complain a lot about that trail. But after a while, it didn't seem to do any good. Y'all should just realize that it is a fair weather trail. If there's water puddling at the connector to the hawk/monbo trails, they will close the trail . If you have access to the trailheads, take a broom or something, and get the water out or those spots. Of fill them with dirt

GTalk  
IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #4 - 02/19/18 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Can also check the SP website directly, looks one update may have not made it to THTB.  Their last closure date is 2/16.   

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'm in no condition to ride...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #5 - 02/20/18 at 11:50am
Print Post  
"Harry Balsagna", that is brilliant!

IP Logged

tntsweeper
Coaster Bike

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 02/21/18 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
if you are looking for something similar consider anne springs in fort mill.  The new trails there are much better than the old ones. I rode there last weekend and they were in excellent shape - a touch damp made them schticky icky (can I getta oooh-we! ?).

If you don't mind going a little farther Lake James state park is also very similar to LNSP and very good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print