Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Let’s talk about tuckfest (Read 1738 times)
pearl
Little Ring

Let’s talk about tuckfest
04/12/18 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Every year it rains and i skip it, what about this year? The only thing interesting to me is the half marathon mtb race.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Re: Let’s talk about tuckfest
Reply #1 - 04/12/18 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I'll be there on Saturday riding.  The next day The Wood Brothers are playing.  One of my favorite bands  Cool   

I really hope the rain gives way to a nice Sunday evening!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #2 - 04/12/18 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Why is it called "Tuckfest"?  Sounds like a transvestite gathering!  Will RuPaul be there?

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #3 - 04/12/18 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
DavidM wrote on 04/12/18 at 1:52pm:
Why is it called "Tuckfest"?  Sounds like a transvestite gathering!  Will RuPaul be there?

this made me LOL

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #4 - 04/13/18 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Tuckfest overall is a great and fun family event. 
TuckFest mountain bike events are half baked, not supported, after-thoughts proving WWC only puts effort into running races and selling beer. Its sad because if they actually treated this more like a supported race (swag, real timing, closed course, etc) I feel they would have something truly appealing to racers and still approachable to those who want to dip their toe into MTB races. 

My 2 cents

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #5 - 04/13/18 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Also just realized the one race i wanted to do is only 13 miles, i thought i was two laps of a 13 mile course, FART NOISE

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/13/18 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Speak for yourself because a 1.3 mile race is the sweet spot for me!

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 04/16/18 at 10:24am
Print Post  
DavidM wrote on 04/12/18 at 1:52pm:
I saw that Lettuce is performing, they are pretty good. When I first saw Tuckfest advertised, I though it had to do with the Marshall Tucker Band. Who seemed to be showing up at all the free festivals 9-10 years back 

GTalk  
IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/16/18 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
I was there on Saturday and there was no Live music.  I think it was around 4ish... pretty dead around that time.  The Wood Brothers were set to go on around 5pm on Sunday but it was storming pretty hard, so I'm not sure if they played or not.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #9 - 04/16/18 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was there on Saturday and there was no Live music.  I think it was around 4ish... pretty dead around that time.  The Wood Brothers were set to go on around 5pm on Sunday but it was storming pretty hard, so I'm not sure if they played or not. 

Mebbe because Tuckfest is next week?

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/16/18 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
WHAT?!? HAHA!!  Don't know how I got the dates confused but I'm pretty pumped about looking like a moron right now!  Anyone else looking forward to this weekend?   Cheesy
« Last Edit: 04/16/18 at 4:05pm by »  

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #11 - 04/16/18 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 04/16/18 at 3:47pm:

Mebbe because Tuckfest is next week?

this guy calendars

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/16/18 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I'm glad someone does.  I guess I could have asked someone while I was there but I was too busy tuning everything out (except the sound of whitewater and the beer I was sipping).  Also, a little kid lost his ball in the river and 3 guys were trying to figure how to get it back as it mocked them from a safe distance.  It was after all the kayakers were out of the water and I had to stick around to see how that would end.  A good day considering Tuck Fest was cancelled.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print