Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) PLEASE JOIN NOW (Read 2571 times)
Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

PLEASE JOIN NOW
05/31/18 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
           PLEASE JOIN or renew your membership to the Tarheel Trailblazers NOW!

I try to do this a lot at the trailheads, but now's the time for everyone to join or renew. If you go here: 
             (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

you can be sure to enter into IMBA's Membership Contest for some really sweet prizes. Today's the last day for the contest, but the Trailblazers really need your membersip. Please support all that the local club does, including:

• New sweet jump line and other new trail soon to open at the Dixie River/ River District development property

New Pump-Flow Trail construction about to start at Francis Beatty Park

New trails being built at Alison Farms, Purser Hulsey, Ballentine District Parks, 

Improvements at Sherman and many other trails and regular every-day trail maintence that keeps over 150 miles of your local trails in tip-top shape.

We have over 5,250 signed-in registered users of this forum, probably well over 10,000 mountainbikers in the Greater Charlotte area but only about 500 paid members. We need everyone's support - so PLEASE JOIN NOW!

Go to the home page and click JOIN or use the above link, and be sure to select the Tarheel Trailblazers as your local club. Please consider Autorenewing your membership for future years.

Hope to see all of you out on our trails soon,

THANKS for supporting the Tarheel Trailblazers - your local mountain bike club!

Jim Grover
Past President, Tarheel Trailblazers
IMBA Board Member
« Last Edit: 05/31/18 at 12:58pm by Advocat »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Re: PLEASE JOIN NOW
Reply #1 - 05/31/18 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I think it would be helpful if a current member notation was included next to a posters name on this forum.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #2 - 05/31/18 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
There.  Done.

Leave me alone, Jim.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Capture_015.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #3 - 05/31/18 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Thanks Rich!

Ye shall now be left alone (but I'll keep creepin' on your blog).

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/31/18 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I still get issues of Dirt Rag on my Zinio App? Does that mean I'm still an active member?  Smiley

IP Logged

Harry Balsagna
Small Cog

Keep on rocking in the
free world.

Reply #5 - 05/31/18 at 6:57pm
Print Post  

Now i want my rogue hoe back from Brian B!!

I'm in no condition to ride...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

IP Logged

GeneD
Coaster Bike

Camper / Rider

Reply #6 - 05/31/18 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
IntheBush wrote on 05/31/18 at 1:10pm:
I think it would be helpful if a current member notation was included next to a posters name on this forum.

I did not know a person could POST unless they were a "dues up-to-date" member. If so, I agree that a notation should be made on the POST.  Why pay 39.00 if anyone can post and do everything a Paid member can do.

GeneD

IP Logged

DeVinci
Coaster Bike

Old as time and still
riding

Reply #7 - 05/31/18 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Done! Kiss

Life is like riding a bicycle.  To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
A. Einstein 1879-1955

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #8 - 05/31/18 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
We've had 9 people join just since you posted this Jim!  Smiley

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #9 - 05/31/18 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
This is one way every single trail user can "give back to the trails". Most can also help physically on the trails as well, but everyone can be a member.

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

mlong623
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #10 - 05/31/18 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Done, and glad to do it.

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #11 - 06/01/18 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Another 5 this afternoon!

Up to 510 members total. Thanks all! Keep them coming!

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

johnski
Small Cog

Reply #12 - 06/01/18 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Renewed. Glad I saw this as I had it on my non-written down to-do list, which tends to get forgotten for some weird reason.

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #13 - 06/01/18 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Done  Smiley

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/01/18 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
GeneD wrote on 05/31/18 at 7:13pm:

I did not know a person could POST unless they were a "dues up-to-date" member. If so, I agree that a notation should be made on the POST.  Why pay 39.00 if anyone can post and do everything a Paid member can do.

I see your point but I'm not sure I agree.  I would think this club would want to welcome new people into the community, forums, discussions, events, etc.  That will hopefully encourage people new to this site or to mtn biking in general to get more involved (however they wish).

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #15 - 06/01/18 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I would think showing each person's membership status to the left near their avatar would be a status symbol  Wink

Then make that "Member" tag a hyperlink to the registration page.  The easier you make it to join, the higher probability it will happen.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #16 - 06/01/18 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Thanks everyone for responding! But please, keep 'em coming. I'm sure there are many like jonski who have this on their "non-written down to-do list". That's often been the way my renewals have worked too. That's the beauty of the new auto-renew option!

Also, please remind your riding buddies to join/ renew. I try to make a point to ask riders at the trailhead if they are a member and if not, would they please join and hand 'em a tri-fold Trailblazers brochure. Most time folks are just waiting to be asked (or reminded).

Thanks again for your support!

Jim

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #17 - 06/01/18 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 06/01/18 at 2:25pm:

Thanks again for your support!

Jim

I will renew every ten years whether I need to or not.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #18 - 06/01/18 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Harry Balsagna wrote on 05/31/18 at 6:57pm:

Now i want my rogue hoe back from Brian B!! 

Talk you Sir Not Appearing...its in the trailer at Beatty...also, you got your jacket back so don't be greedy

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #19 - 06/01/18 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Finders keepers. 

Actually I’m going out there this afternoon. How will I tell your rogue hoe from the others?

I do like the idea of a badge for current members, not sure how that would work with this ancient forum platform though. On the other hand, it would expose my delinquent ass  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print