Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Bike trailer compatibility (Read 418 times)
SugarFree
Coaster Bike

Bike trailer compatibility
07/07/18 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Good morning all,

So I have a toddler and been looking for a trailer to pull him around the park and neighborhood. Been looking on CL to find something used bc who knows if he'll actually like it. Regardless I'm having some issues. Trying to find a trailer I can use on my wife's bike with standard quick release AND on my bike with 142mm x 12mm thru axle. Haven't found anything that will wor with the thru axle. Anyone else had this problem? If so what's the solution?

Thanks in advance.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

DirtDan
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Bike trailer compatibility
Reply #1 - 07/08/18 at 2:57am
Print Post  
I have a Thule Chariot Lite for my little princess and they come with the connector for standard quick releases.  However, they also sell thru-bolts that will allow it to work on those newer hub standards.  The Thule stuff isn't cheap, but is very well made.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Nuke
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Wolfpack Trailblazer

Re: Bike trailer compatibility
Reply #2 - 07/11/18 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
The Weehoo trailer connects to your stem instead.  Probably wouldn't want to use with a dropper or carbon, but you could have a dedicate seat and stem.  This is the trailer only, they also make one with pedals.  I prefer it to the more classic trailers--the kids roast in there.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print