Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Winter Short Track for 2019 (Read 10375 times)
AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Winter Short Track for 2019
Reply #40 - 01/29/19 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
The hecklers yelled out that they would be checking for AARP cards at the finish line in the masters class.   

If I wasn't already about to vomit, I would have been laughing pretty hard.  There was also a guy who would heckle AND cheer us on with some positive stuff - nice work 659! That was really cool.  Every little bit helps my failing old brain!

They asked my friend with plus tires and a large camel back if he was going camping after the race.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #41 - 01/29/19 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 01/29/19 at 12:47am:

There's a huge "underground" mountain bike scene in Charlotte that just shows up to race on club built trails, keeps their trails (Dixie River, and BYT back in the day) to themselves and never posts on the board.  

ummmm... I think perhaps the pancake fell off your head.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #42 - 01/29/19 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
the heckle crowd by the rock was weak. it sounded like i was riding through a library.

IP Logged

AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Reply #43 - 01/29/19 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Indeed the rock hecklers were not on their game this week.  Perhaps the rock obstacle is now passé in favor of the A-line heckling?

And where was the guy with the bacon this week.  What are we racing for if bacon is not involved?

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #44 - 01/29/19 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
AMitchell47 wrote on 01/29/19 at 6:29pm:
Indeed the rock hecklers were not on their game this week.  Perhaps the rock obstacle is now passé in favor of the A-line heckling?

And where was the guy with the bacon this week.  What are we racing for if bacon is not involved?

I think that was Jake, I didn't see him for race 2.  I didn't get heckled any at the "pro" line; mostly encouragements and I even screwed it up the last time!

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #45 - 01/29/19 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Dunno where yinz raced.  I ate a chocolate chip pancake and some eggs/tater/sausage scramble on toast.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #46 - 01/29/19 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 01/29/19 at 12:47am:

There's a huge "underground" mountain bike scene in Charlotte that just shows up to race on club built trails, keeps their trails (Dixie River, and BYT back in the day) to themselves and never posts on the board.  

Just a clarification: Dixie is not open because its not complete and there is no parking. Once both of those tasks are checked off it will be open to the public

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #47 - 02/04/19 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
huge shout to everyone that was partying/cheering/heckling at the A-line today. you are appreciated.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #48 - 02/04/19 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
you seemed very confused....

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #49 - 02/04/19 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 02/04/19 at 12:40pm:
huge shout to everyone that was partying/cheering/heckling at the A-line today. you are appreciated.

There def was a lot more yesterday than the prev week....

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #50 - 02/04/19 at 9:50pm
Print Post  

Wears my bike wrote on 02/04/19 at 4:45pm:
you seemed very confused....

TOO MANY OPTIONS

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #51 - 02/06/19 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
FWIW: If you guys aren't scrolling through Mario Quivera's photos over on on SuperCycling, you're missing out.  He's getting some incredible shots AND has them up at a very reasonable price.  As little as $5 going to the man who stood out there all day to get your glamour shot.

Throw some money at him.

« Last Edit: 02/06/19 at 4:03pm by teamdicky »  

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #52 - 02/06/19 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Not sure my wife would approve of me paying $5 for a picture of you Dicky. I would certainly pay that for a picture of my son this Sunday in the Kids free race.

ciao
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

ride 24_7

Reply #53 - 02/07/19 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 02/06/19 at 3:58pm:
FWIW: If you guys aren't scrolling through Mario Quivera's photos over on on SuperCycling, you're missing out.  He's getting some incredible shots AND has them up at a very reasonable price.  As little as $5 going to the man who stood out there all day to get your glamour shot.

Throw some money at him.

Super good deal for the picture quality and creative angles. Somehow he makes me look like I know what I'm doing!

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #54 - 02/11/19 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
big shout out to the crowd at the A line again!

IP Logged

AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Reply #55 - 02/11/19 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
In the "small victories department" I was pumped to make the A-line every lap this week.  Whoop!

On the other hand, I felt kind of flat and tired this week, and my lap times showed it.  Maybe riding 6 days out of 7 wasn't such a good plan.

Who cares, it was fun!  And heckler support at the A-line, to boot!

IP Logged

team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Reply #56 - 02/12/19 at 11:20am
Print Post  
AMitchell47 wrote on 02/11/19 at 5:22pm:
In the "small victories department" I was pumped to make the A-line every lap this week.  Whoop!

On the other hand, I felt kind of flat and tired this week, and my lap times showed it.  Maybe riding 6 days out of 7 wasn't such a good plan.

Who cares, it was fun!  And heckler support at the A-line, to boot!

Yeah, Sunday can be a bad day to race if you are looking for peak performance.  Especially if Saturday is your long ride day.  No worries, though. Like you said, still fun and a great way to add some intensity into your riding.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #57 - 02/12/19 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Anyone else think they should open up the course for more ST where you go over the A line instead of dumping onto the gravel road? I remember in the summer series a couple of years ago we had some ST was down that way. 

Maybe make it a "dry only" situation to spice things up? No idea what this section of trail looks like now, but yeah, just something to keep evolving as the years go on!

Da section in blue, you dump out in that short opening where the gravel berms are now, then you would then make a left into the S/F chute currently setup.

Signed, 
Curious in Concord
« Last Edit: 02/12/19 at 6:32pm by pearl »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Screen_Shot_2019-02-12_at_1_30_53_PM.png (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #58 - 02/12/19 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 02/12/19 at 6:31pm:
Anyone else think they should open up the course for more ST where you go over the A line instead of dumping onto the gravel road?

Signed, 
Curious in Concord

As much as I'd rather be in the woods, if you take away the gravel, you get rid of the majority of the passing opportunities.  Lapped riders can add crucial seconds to a lap in such a short period of time already.  I'd hate to be stuck in slower traffic any more than is already happening.  

Keep in mind, this is coming from a dumb single speeder racing 50+ who loses a butt ton of time to the other riders when they open it up on the gravel/pavement.  It doesn't play into my favor.

I'm all for making more technical options and rewarding those who can get through them quickly.  Way, way back in the day (think dinosaurs) the NORBA pro course in Traverse City had at least four sections that had options, one technical and one way longer.  I can only remember the log pile (where Travis Brown broke his collar bone in practice, dashing his Olympic dreams) and a huge gap over small pond with an 4' inflatable alligator in it.  Folks like Tinker and Tomac getting crazy air time while their rivals went the long way around.  Soooo good.  

The fact that I can't find one image on the internet is great disappoint.  

Signed, 

Stupid in Charlotte
« Last Edit: 02/12/19 at 7:38pm by teamdicky »  

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #59 - 02/12/19 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
That said, there are places where we could pop back into the woods after some gravel, so mebbe...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Print