Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Winter Short Track for 2019 (Read 10379 times)
AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Winter Short Track for 2019
Reply #60 - 02/12/19 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Or pop back onto the gravel after some more woods, just not all the way to the parking lot.   

Worth a try for next year?  We could build a new A line!  Or would it be a C line?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #61 - 02/12/19 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
AMitchell47 wrote on 02/12/19 at 8:30pm:
Or pop back onto the gravel after some more woods, just not all the way to the parking lot.  

Worth a try for next year?  We could build a new A line!  Or would it be a C line?

Wears_ my_Ding_Dong (or whatever Big 'n Buttery calls himself here) has plans for more things for 2020.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #62 - 02/15/19 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
This year we I only built the 1 new berm to let the trail settle a bit before making more changes. We had three years in a row with big changes each year and it was a struggle this year. Also, i need to fix the double drop downhill we built last year to make it more stable and more fun. That is a project i have planned for the summer. 

But yes, for 2020 there will be some more evolution to the trail like we saw in the past to keep interest high. But right now i think we have almost the right balance between gravel and trail with my desire to add a little more trail, maybe 10% more. 

But there are a few things i have to work on for next year: 

The city will be building a new building which is located on the fenced in yard. There may be some reroutes to get around construction. 
Fix the double drop downhill
add more options features for risk reward vs more trail. The A line B line has been really effective in adding a strategy/fitness/skill element and would love more of those. Caveat is Neal does not want any on trail merger points and i do not blame him due to the risk of collisions. The A line B line works because it dumps onto the gravel road and leave room to mess up and merge. 
Making the berms bigger and continuing to armor the trail. 
A section of the gravel road may get split into trail on the left and right which merges back on the road. A choose your path decision of equal lenth, and making the trail a flow trail/pump track section. 
Adding another Aline B Line somewhere on another climb. 

I also have some other land which may add trail to the front third before you punch back into the woods. It would add another downhill section and climb, with the goal of keeping the same fast action which makes the series fun. 

Lots of ideas as i like making the trail fresh every year. 

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #63 - 02/15/19 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
kudos to you! in my dreams i see a course that could be altered every once and a while to keep it fresh and different every week, i know having multiple trail options for an "all weather" course is tough, but it seems that you guys already have a solid downpour course, would be awesome to branch off just a tad and make the laps longer, or at least different week to week!

let me know how i can help.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Print