Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fisher Farm Park/Allison Farms (Read 2078 times)
Impaler 58
Big Ring

Fisher Farm Park/Allison Farms
09/19/18 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Do these trails share the same parking lot and what time do they open?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
GTalk  
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Re: Fisher Farm Park/Allison Farms
Reply #1 - 09/19/18 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Yes, they share the same parking lot.  Park opens at sunrise and closes at sunset.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 09/19/18 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Is the trail alright to ride?

GTalk  
IP Logged

Casey

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 09/20/18 at 9:16am
Print Post  
It is open and decent. I rode it last night. Many leaves in the trail but that's it

IP Logged

StevenA
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 10/05/18 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Casey wrote on 09/20/18 at 9:16am:
It is open and decent. I rode it last night. Many leaves in the trail but that's it

Leaves are off the trail, Fisher is in really in great shape!  I was bummed about this section of Thunder Road before you reconnect with Old Blue.  It was one of my favorite parts of the trail ... turn right over the bridge, up the hill, sharp right avoiding the tree, squeeze between the two trees, over the roots and down the hill.  It looks like someone had enough of the tree and is also creating an alternate line to avoid the handlebar check.  I'm blaming BTalley.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey but then I turned myself around.

IP Logged

btalley
Big Ring

aka "Lil Bill" or "Squatch"

Reply #5 - 10/05/18 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
StevenA wrote on 10/05/18 at 5:23pm:

I'm blaming BTalley.

Why am I not surprised?  Last time I rode there it was like that and the Mark was present.  I have taken credit for things when credit is due but I wood like to bye a beer for whoever fixed that section.  Those trees are not 800 approved, more like 620mm or narrower.  That lil tree should be cut down

Everyone needs at least one boat! 

Talley's Pier 77 Marine
IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #6 - 10/05/18 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
btalley wrote on 10/05/18 at 9:57pm:

Why am I not surprised?  Last time I rode there it was like that and the Mark was present.  I have taken credit for things when credit is due but I wood like to bye a beer for whoever fixed that section.  Those trees are not 800 approved, more like 620mm or narrower.  That lil tree should be cut down

I'm fine with it too. It was not 800 approved. The fall line was getting a little rutted out and would need some TLC before long.  Need to leave the smaller tree. Taking it out will serve only to widen the corridor.

I'm waiting for winter to send some TLC to Fisher. There are several sections on Thunder and Old Blue that need some dressing up.

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

btalley
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 10/06/18 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Tom F wrote on 10/05/18 at 10:19pm:

The entire trail at Fisher needs some dressing up.

Fixed it for ya...I couldn't Agree More

Talley's Pier 77 Marine
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #8 - 10/07/18 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
StevenA wrote on 10/05/18 at 5:23pm:

Leaves are off the trail, Fisher is in really in great shape!  I was bummed about this section of Thunder Road before you reconnect with Old Blue.  It was one of my favorite parts of the trail ... turn right over the bridge, up the hill, sharp right avoiding the tree, squeeze between the two trees, over the roots and down the hill.  It looks like someone had enough of the tree and is also creating an alternate line to avoid the handlebar check.  I'm blaming BTalley.

I did that about several months ago.  You can still go through the narrow part if you want. Smiley

Thunder Road and Old Blue have been attended recently as well. Riding very well! Smiley
« Last Edit: 10/07/18 at 9:00pm by The Cycle Path »  

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #9 - 10/07/18 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
BTW that tree before the narrow trees has been like that for the better part of 2 years. Wink

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/08/18 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Tom F wrote on 10/05/18 at 10:19pm:

I'm fine with it too. It was not 800 approved. The fall line was getting a little rutted out and would need some TLC before long.  Need to leave the smaller tree. Taking it out will serve only to widen the corridor.

I'm waiting for winter to send some TLC to Fisher. There are several sections on Thunder and Old Blue that need some dressing up.

I don't mind riding between two trees either but this needed to go.  I agree, glad it was fixed.  It wasn't a challenge for anyone with wider bars, it was a nuisance.  You couldn't fit between the them.  Overall Fisher Farm is in awesome shape and has been worked, morphed, eroded, into an awesome low speed techy trail.  I live in N Charlotte and for a quick ride it is my go to trail.

IP Logged

btalley
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 10/09/18 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Quote:

I don't mind riding between two trees either but this needed to go.  I agree, glad it was fixed.  It wasn't a challenge for anyone with wider bars, it was a nuisance.  You couldn't fit between the them.  Overall Fisher Farm is in awesome shape and has been worked, morphed, eroded, into an awesome low speed techy trail.  I live in N Charlotte and for a quick ride it is my go to trail. 

Complementing the trail Fisher Farm will not be tolerated

Talley's Pier 77 Marine
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #12 - 10/09/18 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Actually you can.  It just takes timing and technique. Smiley

IP Logged

drdirt55
Small Cog

Stupid should be painful

Reply #13 - 10/10/18 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 10/09/18 at 11:46pm:

Actually you can.  It just takes timing and technique. Smiley
Yep...kind of miss it 

Ride On

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #14 - 10/10/18 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
drdirt55 wrote on 10/10/18 at 3:03pm:

Yep...kind of miss it 

It's still there.  Smiley

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 10/11/18 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 10/10/18 at 9:49pm:

It's still there.  Smiley

Then we aren't talking about the same part of the trail.  At first glance I thought that was the two trees that were near the Old Blue/Thunder road split.  Right before you crossed back over the bridge and went over that big rock feature.  I'm not exactly a new rider - not saying I'm an expert but I have cleared everything out there at one point or another including the infamous Wild Hare(?) section without much trouble.  Honestly I wouldn't even chime in if I thought it as a feature that other riders with more skill and timing could clear and wanted to ride.  Mistaken identity on my part I think.  Somebody cut down the two trees in the section I'm talking about- because they sucked Cheesy 

« Last Edit: 10/11/18 at 1:08pm by »  

IP Logged

StevenA
Coaster Bike

Reply #16 - 10/11/18 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Jason, I think you're talking about the same area of the trail.  This is on Thunder Road right before Old Blue merges back in from the right and the boulder is just ahead.  It's book-ended with two short bridges.  There's a 3rd bridge right before the merge.  I'm not a member of the elite 800 club so I am able to bang my handlebars through the trees.  In my opinion these are not as tough as the ones on YMAB.  The second time I rode that one, I didn't fit, and flipped over the bars.  My bike graciously caught up with me with a seat-chop to the lower back.

As far as the downed tree, I guess my memory is bad because I thought it had been slowly leaning to its death for awhile.  It looked like BTalley finally came through to finish it off, probably driving his speedboat to Fisher Reservoir Loop the last time we had a hurricane.

I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey but then I turned myself around.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #17 - 10/11/18 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Then we aren't talking about the same part of the trail.  At first glance I thought that was the two trees that were near the Old Blue/Thunder road split.  Right before you crossed back over the bridge and went over that big rock feature.  I'm not exactly a new rider - not saying I'm an expert but I have cleared everything out there at one point or another including the infamous Wild Hare(?) section without much trouble.  Honestly I wouldn't even chime in if I thought it as a feature that other riders with more skill and timing could clear and wanted to ride.  Mistaken identity on my part I think.  Somebody cut down the two trees in the section I'm talking about- because they sucked Cheesy 

Same place.  You can't go straight through it.  You have to put one bar end through and then the next.  StevanA It's worse than the one in YAMB.

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/11/18 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 10/11/18 at 4:55pm:

Same place.  You can't go straight through it.  You have to put one bar end through and then the next.  StevanA It's worse than the one in YAMB. 

Ok.. well that's weird.  I guess the good news is I have no problem clearing that feature now.  In fact I don't even notice it's there!  Now I have to get back out there and take a closer look at what you did.  Last time I rode it I just breezed on through and thought "cool - they addressed that."   

Also - which one of you guys is going to ride with me and show me this line?  I am ready whenever the trail opens.   
« Last Edit: 10/11/18 at 6:06pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print