Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Intel on the Trek, Fuel EX bike? (Read 866 times)
MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Intel on the Trek, Fuel EX bike?
09/28/18 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking about buying a 2018 Trek, Fuel EX 8 29 XT and was wondering if anyone who has one or knows about them could offer any feedback on them.  This bike seems appropriate for me; a 60 year-old MTB "has-been" who needs to update from the 1999 Intense Tracer I have been riding for 16 years.  

What do you think of Fuel Ex bikes?
« Last Edit: 09/28/18 at 12:55pm by MTB4U »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Re: Intel on the Trek, Fuel EX bike?
Reply #1 - 09/28/18 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Honestly most bikes in that tier are going to be pretty great.  The feedback based on reviews are positive and it is spec'd with parts that are high quality.  I bet if you bought the bike and hit the trail you would be totally happy with your purchase.   

But the one thing you hear a lot of people suggest is that you demo a couple bikes from local shops.  I completely agree (I demoed my bike before purchasing).  Because even though there are many bikes that are pretty sweet once you hit a certain price point, it doesn't mean that they have a similar ride.  So if you want to take the time to find the bike that is the most dialed in for you - demo.  If you just want to go pick up a really nice bike that is an upgrade from what you have now, I can't see the Fuel being a bad choice.  Congrats either way!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 09/28/18 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Contact David from Crossroads Cycling inc in Statesville. I believe he rides one. He's in his Mid 50's. I'm 60, and I got a Roscoe 8. Which I really like. The Stache is also a good one

GTalk  
IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 09/29/18 at 1:47am
Print Post  
I went a little nuts and bought an all carbon, Intense Sniper today instead.  Spent more money than I had planned for the Trek.  Haven't told my wife how much and I hope she doesn't ask, but wow, that Sniper is a beautiful, light and agile machine.  What a difference from my 1999 Intense Tracer I have always ridden.
« Last Edit: 09/29/18 at 2:17am by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 09/29/18 at 9:21am
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

GTalk  
IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 09/29/18 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/29/18 at 9:21am:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

LOL thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print