Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riding group for older or slower riders? (Read 32425 times)
DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Riding group for older or slower riders?
Reply #180 - 02/07/19 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Greg E wrote on 01/27/19 at 2:08pm:
I’m on the slower side  Grin (about 7 mph avg) and usually end up riding alone, mostly for that reason. Always down to meet new riding buddies tho

Where do you normally ride? which area do you live?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Greg E

Reply #181 - 02/07/19 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
I live in Mint Hill, ride Anne Springs, Sherman, LNSP, and Beatty mostly. Purser once in a while, and just been to Fisher recently.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.

IP Logged

wtacoma

Reply #182 - 02/08/19 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Anyone riding Sunday early am?

IP Logged

Greg E

Reply #183 - 02/09/19 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Going out tomorrow afternoon, location to be determined. Maybe BYT?

A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Reply #184 - 02/13/19 at 1:49am
Print Post  
I've been laid up, sick but I'm ready to ride again...and of course, it starts raining.

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #185 - 02/15/19 at 2:05am
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 02/13/19 at 1:49am:
I've been laid up, sick but I'm ready to ride again...and of course, it starts raining. 

I've had the crap for months, laid up sick and it rains every day. I've not been on my bike  since Dec but tomorrow is a new day.
Taking an "old man ride some time tomorrow if anyone wants to join me

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #186 - 02/15/19 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
DG and I are going to Purser Husley around 4:30.  You are welcome with us. Anyone else too.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #187 - 02/20/19 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Big Chuck wrote on 02/15/19 at 2:05am:

I've had the crap for months, laid up sick and it rains every day. I've not been on my bike  since Dec but tomorrow is a new day.
Taking an "old man ride some time tomorrow if anyone wants to join me

Sorry to hear about your sickness, man it's been a bad year for that.  Like you said, rain and sickness together is a bad combo.

IP Logged

Greg E

Reply #188 - 03/21/19 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I’m planning to go to Anne Springs this Sat about 9:30 if anyone wants to join, I usually ride all loops

IP Logged

wtacoma

Reply #189 - 03/22/19 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I'm planning on being there too, starting closer to 7:30 though.

IP Logged

bps

Reply #190 - 04/13/19 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Hope this thread doesn't die.  I'm 63, and haven't been on a mountain bike in about 25 years.  Looking to get back into biking with a mountain bike.  I'll be slow to lack of fitness and age, but I'm a kid at heart and can't wait to ride again.  A buddy of mine has been into mountain biking for a while came up from Atlanta, and let me ride a couple of his bikes at Poston earlier this week.  He's let me borrow an old hard tail 26, but I expect to buy my own bike soon.  I can ride to Ballantyne District Park from my home for evening rides, but would be very interested in finding other slow riders to ride with wherever.  Very bummed the weekend looks to be wet.

IP Logged

traildog
Big Ring

warning!  SS carrier

Reply #191 - 04/13/19 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Never too late to start!  I'm 66 and still riding, but you have to be patient.  I've been at it for 20+ years now.  I ride WWC primarily just because its close and lots of variety.  Rocky Branch is fun and Poston is tough.  Usually ride evenings.

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #192 - 04/13/19 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
bps wrote on 04/13/19 at 2:10am:
Hope this thread doesn't die.  I'm 63, and haven't been on a mountain bike in about 25 years.  Looking to get back into biking with a mountain bike.  I'll be slow to lack of fitness and age, but I'm a kid at heart and can't wait to ride again.  A buddy of mine has been into mountain biking for a while came up from Atlanta, and let me ride a couple of his bikes at Poston earlier this week.  He's let me borrow an old hard tail 26, but I expect to buy my own bike soon.  I can ride to Ballantyne District Park from my home for evening rides, but would be very interested in finding other slow riders to ride with wherever.  Very bummed the weekend looks to be wet.

South Charlotte as well . You can join us when we go out.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #193 - 04/20/19 at 12:39am
Print Post  
bps wrote on 04/13/19 at 2:10am:

As DG said, you are welcome to join us.  We have no expectations of speed or ability and a beginner should have little trouble riding with us.  The constant rain has made it difficult to ride, seems like it rains every time the trails begin to dry out enough to ride.  Fortunately, warmer temperatures will begin to dry the trails more quickly.   
« Last Edit: 04/20/19 at 12:55am by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

bps

Reply #194 - 04/25/19 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Just bought a bike and should pick it up next week.  Been riding at Ballantyne District this week.  I'll be riding evenings as work still gets in the way, and I'm gone most weekends. Having a blast so far.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #195 - 04/25/19 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
bps wrote on 04/25/19 at 1:32am:
Just bought a bike and should pick it up next week.  Been riding at Ballantyne District this week.  I'll be riding evenings as work still gets in the way, and I'm gone most weekends. Having a blast so far.

Ballantyne District Park is a fun ride IMO.
« Last Edit: 04/25/19 at 12:08pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #196 - 04/30/19 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
bps wrote on 04/25/19 at 1:32am:

If you want to go today it is fine for me

IP Logged

bps

Reply #197 - 05/01/19 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Waiting for the shop to get my bike in, but rode my friend's old hardtail 26 this evening.  I'll be going out of town Thursday so maybe next week?

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #198 - 05/02/19 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Anyone riding Friday evening ?

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

dave mac

Reply #199 - 05/04/19 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Big Chuck wrote on 05/02/19 at 11:29pm:
Anyone riding Friday evening ?

love that signature Chuck !! and praise the Lord !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Print