Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Half enchilada wwc (Read 16211 times)
teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Re: Half enchilada wwc
Reply #20 - 01/02/19 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
New maps (now with Aid Stations) and some other changes since the last one, I think.

They said on FB that Aid 1 & 3 are hydration only, aid 2 hydration and nutrition.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 01/02/19 at 9:56pm by teamdicky »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #21 - 01/03/19 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Thanks Dicky! 

The did change the course a little

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

RideMFRide

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #22 - 01/03/19 at 11:45am
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/02/19 at 9:39pm:
New maps (now with Aid Stations) and some other changes since the last one, I think.

They said on FB that Aid 1 & 3 are hydration only, aid 2 hydration and nutrition.

Thanks yes the course has some different directions but looks like fun. Never ridden this trail so it will be a little bit of a challenge.

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #23 - 01/03/19 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
It looks like you go from Thread over to Bandit/Smokey/Panda, and then after riding those back over to needle (the return portion of Thread). My question is :  Do you have to go over Belmeade a couple of times, or is there another way (tunnell, under a bridge, power line access)?

Anyone know?

RideMFRide

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Reply #24 - 01/04/19 at 12:30am
Print Post  
No tunnel or Bridge but I recall "bike crossing" signs on Belmeade.   Maybe not-only rode that side once.
I did pause for a few seconds to cross Belmeade to let a car clear each time across but it wasn't a scary crossing by any means.  Might be more heavy traffic on a school day or rush hour but on Saturday morning it's not going to be a big deal-just pay attention before you jump into the road.

I think it that side is a great addition to the park.  Panda is nothing to write home about/beginner style trail but the Smoke and Bandit were good fun.
« Last Edit: 01/04/19 at 12:35am by SurlyDave »  

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #25 - 01/04/19 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
interested to see how the road crossing will play out. its pretty late in the lap so stopping traffic for everyone cross will be tough...

also good/smart call on WWC to have an aid station near the strange crossover section, should help with people getting confused like last year! kudos for making improvements from feedback given.
« Last Edit: 01/04/19 at 1:52pm by pearl »  

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #26 - 01/04/19 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't be worried about crossing the road, its having to mush through all that field mud if this rain does not go away. 

Instead of an aid station I would love to see a bike wash station with free chain lube at the halfway point. Everyone gets a 5 min break to clean off that Catawba red clay.

ciao
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #27 - 01/04/19 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
santana wrote on 01/04/19 at 2:41pm:
I wouldn't be worried about crossing the road, its having to mush through all that field mud if this rain does not go away. 

Instead of an aid station I would love to see a bike wash station with free chain lube at the halfway point. Everyone gets a 5 min break to clean off that Catawba red clay.

ciao
Santana

the wash station with Hooters girls?

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #28 - 01/04/19 at 4:32pm
Print Post  

ciao
Santana

Fifty year old in the 40+ class riding a single speed says "we need a what what?"

I'll take every advantage I can get outta my disadvantage(s).
« Last Edit: 01/04/19 at 4:32pm by teamdicky »  

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #29 - 01/04/19 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/04/19 at 4:32pm:

Fifty year old in the 40+ class riding a single speed says "we need a what what?"

I'll take every advantage I can get outta my disadvantage(s).

This is me too, except I'm not fast or famous.......also, on a plus SS because I'm stoopid.

I asked them to put a SS cat in last year. I think they replied that not many people would opt for it, so no.

RideMFRide

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #30 - 01/04/19 at 5:08pm
Print Post  

ciao
Santana

Just like when you were a kid, look both ways before crossing the road....I didnt even think about the mushy field......

RideMFRide

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #31 - 01/04/19 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
+1 on SS category, oh well.

sounds like a cx race in the making  Cheesy

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #32 - 01/04/19 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/04/19 at 6:50pm:
+1 on SS category, oh well.

They have a certain amount of success already in hand.  59 in the 18-39 M and 54 in the 39+ M...  120+ total finishers last year.  

With those kinda numbers, you can usually draw even more people off the fence with additional classes.  There are those people that won't enter unless they got some shot at something.  Podium, top five, top ten... whatever strokes the ego hard enough.

I'd just be doing it because it's Mt Everest.  Not that it's an ultimate, life-altering, possible-death experience, just that "it's there."  I mean, like right there.  Twenty minutes from my house.

Besides, what better way to get ready for five weekends in a row of intense 45 minute bursts of painful, blood-outta-my-eyes effort?

« Last Edit: 01/04/19 at 9:38pm by teamdicky »  

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #33 - 01/04/19 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
BTW: I hope the USNWC WE looks just like that picture.

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #34 - 01/04/19 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I only have IKON and ASPEN tires so it needs to stop raining. After 21 years of sliding around in the mud at Catawba I am almost over it. 

But that does look fun. 

ciao 
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #35 - 01/05/19 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/04/19 at 9:37pm:

They have a certain amount of success already in hand.  59 in the 18-39 M and 54 in the 39+ M...  120+ total finishers last year.  

With those kinda numbers, you can usually draw even more people off the fence with additional classes.  There are those people that won't enter unless they got some shot at something.  Podium, top five, top ten... whatever strokes the ego hard enough.

I'd just be doing it because it's Mt Everest.  Not that it's an ultimate, life-altering, possible-death experience, just that "it's there."  I mean, like right there.  Twenty minutes from my house.

Besides, what better way to get ready for five weekends in a row of intense 45 minute bursts of painful, blood-outta-my-eyes effort?

Looks a little moist.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #36 - 01/05/19 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/04/19 at 9:37pm:

#cxalreadyhappened

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #37 - 01/07/19 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/05/19 at 5:36pm:

#cxalreadyhappened

Shart tarck... as if you didn't know.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #38 - 01/07/19 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
with this snow forecast, i may take my talents to irmo, sc and do that outspokin dirty 50.... heres to waiting until the last minute to register for anything.

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #39 - 01/07/19 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/07/19 at 3:26pm:
with this snow forecast, i may take my talents to irmo, sc and do that outspokin dirty 50.... heres to waiting until the last minute to register for anything.

SNOW?????

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print