Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Half enchilada wwc (Read 16214 times)
DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Half enchilada wwc
Reply #60 - 01/10/19 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
DG wrote on 01/10/19 at 6:36pm:

I will let you win this one.. Grin I think that when you arrive I will be crossing the road ahahah

I will I recognize you so that I can create an epic fall for you to take the lead?  (Joking for those with a lame sense of humour)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

AMitchell47
Coaster Bike

Reply #61 - 01/10/19 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I'm plotting where to cut the course.  Or where not to inadvertently end up going the wrong way on the course.

There's several spots with two way traffic!

You go first.  No you go first.   

Like figure 8 racing at a demolition derby.  The whole smokey bandit panda area is going to be interesting for sure.  I hope I don't get stuck out there going in circles for an hour.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #62 - 01/11/19 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
AMitchell47 wrote on 01/10/19 at 9:11pm:
I'm plotting where to cut the course.  Or where not to inadvertently end up going the wrong way on the course.

There's several spots with two way traffic!

You go first.  No you go first.  

Like figure 8 racing at a demolition derby.  The whole smokey bandit panda area is going to be interesting for sure.  I hope I don't get stuck out there going in circles for an hour.

I think that area will be fine; there is only a short section now that they added the new entrance that is two way and its plenty wide.  What is going to be interesting  is the gravel down to prairie; gonna be some crashes and some funneling.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #63 - 01/11/19 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
sCvHeaVens wrote on 01/11/19 at 1:05pm:

I think that area will be fine; there is only a short section now that they added the new entrance that is two way and its plenty wide.  What is going to be interesting  is the gravel down to prairie; gonna be some crashes and some funneling.

This was not an issue last year, everything was well sorted out before we got onto the main road. Start hard bros

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #64 - 01/11/19 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
I will let you all start all like in a F1 Grandprix and will enjoy my timed ride!

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #65 - 01/11/19 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/11/19 at 1:51pm:

This was not an issue last year, everything was well sorted out before we got onto the main road. Start hard bros

Hopefully so; last race I did there there were people riding all out for the dash to the woods then half of front 30 couldn't even make the climb up Figure 8 Grin.

IP Logged

Bannerman

Reply #66 - 01/11/19 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
This will be my first MTB race ever. I plan to start fast, go fast in the middle, then end fast. Any other tips?

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #67 - 01/12/19 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Looks like good weather for the race today. Cold but no rain till the afternoon. Hope everybody has a great ride and I’ll see you out there for the start!

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #68 - 01/13/19 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Huge shout out to Pearl for his 8th place finish and Santana for his 11th place finish in the Masters division in yesterday’s Whole Enchalada. You guys must have went for the fire sauce right out of the gate!  I know there were more Trail Blazers out there & huge props to all who braved the cold for a great day on the trails.  Anybody have a story to share?

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #69 - 01/14/19 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/11/19 at 1:51pm:

You were correct, there wasn't an issue going into single track - except the flat I got on bandit  Grin

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #70 - 01/14/19 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks bros, I was able to hang with the front group for the first 15 minutes or so until I couldn't keep up, then just settled into the "chase" group and did my own thing. I'll write a longer recap this morning.

In the meantime, where the photos at!? I saw a bunch of people out in the woods.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #71 - 01/14/19 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Firstly, Pearl... you're almost twenty years younger than me?

Good gorb.  You got me by about thirty seconds per year.

I wrote up a part one here (because... long race, long story):

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #72 - 01/14/19 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
holy &^&^ you're 50?! how do you stay so skinny?

i was the dude that yelled SPIN SPIN SPIN next to you about 5 seconds into the race. you probably don't remember, but i remember everything.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #73 - 01/14/19 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/14/19 at 2:53pm:
holy &^&^ you're 50?! how do you stay so skinny?

i was the dude that yelled SPIN SPIN SPIN next to you about 5 seconds into the race. you probably don't remember, but i remember everything.

All I remember about the start was a quick moment with Dung, seeing some of the leaders make a wrong turn (srsly, the USNWC shoulda had someone there directing people), and then Santana and I agreeing that we both trusted each other's decision to not follow.

Skinny?  I'm about fifteen pounds heavier than I was in May '17.   

I got work to do and beer to not drink.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #74 - 01/14/19 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that was a bad spot for them to have marked like that. I think minus that one hiccup (granted I don't think it made that much of a difference in the race) it was pretty well marked. When everyone locked them up and thought that was the way to go, I was THEE front of the race. just for one second. I did not like it.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #75 - 01/14/19 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/14/19 at 3:30pm:
Yeah, that was a bad spot for them to have marked like that. I think minus that one hiccup (granted I don't think it made that much of a difference in the race) it was pretty well marked.

Agreed.  I never felt anything was terribly vague the rest of the day.

Although, when we came back over to East Main and were near Prarie, seeing pulled up arrows and tape off to the side of the trail had me worried about course sabotage.  I quickly realized they had to move it from the start loop, but I've done enough races that have suffered from sabotage, it gave me cause to pause for a few seconds.

And I even knew where I should be going.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #76 - 01/14/19 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
damn, I'm usually pretty good with details but couldn't remember that. I was more amazed with how off my garmin was with mileage, I was trying to figure out how I could possibly have another 10 miles when my garmin was reading 30~, I finished with 37.6 miles  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

alan t

Reply #77 - 01/14/19 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/14/19 at 2:44pm:
Firstly, Pearl... you're almost twenty years younger than me?

Good gorb.  You got me by about thirty seconds per year.

I wrote up a part one here (because... long race, long story):

Very cool recap of the day ...

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #78 - 01/14/19 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
teamdicky wrote on 01/14/19 at 3:04pm:
I got work to do and beer to not drink.

Both are bad ideas.....

RideMFRide

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #79 - 01/14/19 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
JokerSC wrote on 01/14/19 at 6:23pm:

Do you have a wheel sensor, or do you just go with GPS?

USNWC posted this prior to the race

"We have measured the course using multiple GPS devices, as well as analog. Each of the devices came back with mileage varying up to 11 miles. To ensure accuracy and consistency, this course was officially measured and mileage was determined by analog. The Whole Enchilada came in at 45 miles and The Half Enchilada came in at 23 miles."

There's a reason I don't think I'll ever go GPS.  I can't stand the look of the hub tumor, so until they do something less obtrusive, I'm out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Print