Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trailer Hitch Receiver (Read 756 times)
Impaler 58
Big Ring

Trailer Hitch Receiver
02/25/19 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Recommend a place in Iredell county for sales and installation?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
GTalk  
IP Logged

JEDDUH01
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Trailer Hitch Receiver
Reply #1 - 02/25/19 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Uhaul Full Service centers will be able to do a full install. - Here in Charlotte there are a few. Check Uhaul for your Location.

Curt MFG also makes a HUGE variety of hitches and in MOST cases they are a 30 - 45 min Bolt on install.  A 'local' shop or garage SHOULD be willing to install to your car.  Not a "chain repair shop"  but a local shop, Ask around.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Have the hitch on hand = they may charge Shop time to install.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #2 - 02/26/19 at 12:21am
Print Post  
JEDDUH01 wrote on 02/25/19 at 4:07pm:
Uhaul Full Service centers will be able to do a full install. - Here in Charlotte there are a few. Check Uhaul for your Location.

Curt MFG also makes a HUGE variety of hitches and in MOST cases they are a 30 - 45 min Bolt on install.  A 'local' shop or garage SHOULD be willing to install to your car.  Not a "chain repair shop"  but a local shop, Ask around.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Have the hitch on hand = they may charge Shop time to install.

Good advice on the CURT hitch. I did two myself in about an hour in my driveway. One on a Chevy HHR and the other on a Colorado. Piece of cake. 
The Curt hitch come with all the hardware needed.
« Last Edit: 02/26/19 at 12:23am by Tom F »  

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

joncmack
Little Ring

Reply #3 - 02/26/19 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Tom F wrote on 02/26/19 at 12:21am:

Good advice on the CURT hitch. I did two myself in about an hour in my driveway. One on a Chevy HHR and the other on a Colorado. Piece of cake. 
The Curt hitch come with all the hardware needed.

+100 on Curt Hitches.

mtn bikes should be dangerous.....deal with it.
AIM  
IP Logged

29ftw
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 02/26/19 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Curt hitches are great...but, some of them are tucked pretty far under the bumper and that can be an issue for racks like the 1Up.  If you have the hitch inserted the proper depth in the receiver you can't fold the rack up because it hits the bumper.   

I've had a lot of hitches in the past and a flush (with the bumper) hitch like the Ecohitch is well worth the extra coin, IMO.  Plus they look 100% better than the standard hitches (Curt, Drawtite, etc.)

IP Logged

JEDDUH01
Small Cog

Reply #5 - 02/26/19 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Pro tip for getting a Curt Hitch :
  Use the website to look up your Curt Part number for your vehicle.

Jump to Ebay = buy directly off of Ebay:  MOST cases I have seen they are about half priced on Ebay - including shipping.. Even have packages that include wiring or other accessories if they are needed too.   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print