Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trail build event at SWDP this Saturday (4/13) (Read 693 times)
abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Trail build event at SWDP this Saturday (4/13)
04/09/19 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Come join us at SWDP for a community trail building event on Saturday, April 13.

Participants include: 

- Checkers Hockey Club
- United Way
- Husqvarna Tools
- Trips For Kids
- Southview Rec Center
and of course, The Tarheel Trailblazers!

This is a trail building and educational event where new trail is added and kids get involved. We have lots of tools from Husqvarna, and lots of folks helping. If you are experienced with trail clearing/building and want to help, please come! 

Where: SWDP is at 1720 Vilma St, Charlotte
When: 9am, Saturday, April 13

PM me if you have any questions... this is a major event for little SWDP!  Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Re: Trail build event at SWDP this Saturday (4/13)
Reply #1 - 04/10/19 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
I can't make it but I hope everyone comes out to help. This is a Trailblazer signature gateway trail in a deserving neighborhood. I always thought the hill across the stream would make a great "downhill" or semi-technical section and it sounds like that's what's in store. (Also, if anyone ever wanted to build a beginner + skills area, there's a great level location for it near the end of the trail loop at the top of the property. Lots of good downed cedar on site too. Of course, talk to your friendly Trail Coordinator, Pat.)

Please come out and represent the Trailblazers and show the other community partners that are also supporting this effort just what we can do together. Give a few hours and get a lot back.

Who's takin' photos? Any press coming?
« Last Edit: 04/10/19 at 1:21pm by Advocat »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

I'll remove it soon.

Re: Trail build event at SWDP this Saturday (4/13)
Reply #2 - 04/11/19 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks! Yes, I'll be taking pics and the Checkers will be doing some promo photography. (their mascot will be there, lol)

Unfortunately, if the weather doesn't cooperate, we may get postponed. I'll post up here tomorrow with an update.

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

I'll remove it soon.

Trail build event at SWDP - POSTPONED
Reply #3 - 04/12/19 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Weather not cooperating, and with the different groups involved we decided to postpone. New date TBA...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print