Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Why I shouldn't move next to Col Beatty? (Read 2158 times)
MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Why I shouldn't move next to Col Beatty?
04/13/19 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
We just signed the contract on a house who's backyard is literally Col Beatty.  The park begins at my back fence and a trail entrance is about 100 yards away.  Yeah, I know Beatty is not the best MTB in the Charlotte area, but I'm pretty excited to be able to just hop on my bike and go for a ride.  I think I'll ride more and get into better shape.

As I always do, I've began to second guess myself.  I've got a few more days until my "due dilligence" period is over where I can back out without losing much.  Is there any reason you can think of why I might regret moving so close to Beatty?
« Last Edit: 04/13/19 at 3:29pm by MTB4U »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Why I shouldn't move next to Col Beatty?
Reply #1 - 04/13/19 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Your officially the trail gnome now with a clear path to trail coordinator. No negotiation.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #2 - 04/13/19 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
It's a long walk or a short Uber ride from downtown Matthews and several hundred beers on tap in a one square mile radius.   

Independence Blvd is close by, Sherman Branch is 15 minutes away and Waverly will be a 10 minute drive once the Ardrey Kell connector off Tilley Morris is open, if not already.

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Reply #3 - 04/14/19 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Because you're probably over paying for the house and you'll be near vintage rider. Smiley

That's all I got.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 04/14/19 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
mountainbiker90 wrote on 04/14/19 at 12:13am:
Because you're probably over paying for the house and you'll be near vintage rider. Smiley

That's all I got.

Yeah, I'm paying a little bit of a premium for the location, but not as much as I would have thought.   
« Last Edit: 04/14/19 at 8:00pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

OoHoO
Little Ring

Gnar...Gnar...Gnar..

Reply #5 - 04/14/19 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
You'll like it, it's nice to not have to pack a bike up to ride

2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC 29 - Ridin' It
2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29 - Gone
2012 Cannondale Trail 6 - Gone

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #6 - 04/15/19 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Worst case scenario - we get your address and drop by for post ride beers!  Other than that it sounds pretty fantastic.
« Last Edit: 04/15/19 at 1:16am by NC Kingsting »  

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 04/15/19 at 11:58am
Print Post  
NC Kingsting wrote on 04/15/19 at 1:16am:
Worst case scenario - we get your address and drop by for post ride beers! 

I can't really see a downside to that!
« Last Edit: 04/15/19 at 11:59am by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

DSO
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #8 - 04/15/19 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 04/13/19 at 3:28pm:
We just signed the contract on a house who's backyard is literally Col Beatty.  The park begins at my back fence and a trail entrance is about 100 yards away.  Yeah, I know Beatty is not the best MTB in the Charlotte area, but I'm pretty excited to be able to just hop on my bike and go for a ride.  I think I'll ride more and get into better shape.

As I always do, I've began to second guess myself.  I've got a few more days until my "due dilligence" period is over where I can back out without losing much.  Is there any reason you can think of why I might regret moving so close to Beatty?

I live next to a 4+ mile section of Carolina Thread Trail. It's awesome to go across the street and get in some quick miles on the bike or trail running. No after work traffic to get to a trail is another Plus.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #9 - 04/16/19 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
jaybase09 wrote on 04/13/19 at 5:21pm:
Your officially the trail gnome now with a clear path to trail coordinator. No negotiation.

Plus 1!

Give this Surfer Dude his own tools so's every rainy/ wet weekend he can walk and work the trails. Hit me up and I may come with.

I been thinking the "old age" neighborhood next to the Beatty entrance on Weddington Rd is lookin' better all the time. Can't find anything near Back Yard .... (should of bought Frankie's place when had the chance!).

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #10 - 04/16/19 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Buying a house by Sherman Branch and wondering the same, almost bought one of the houses backing up to RRT a few months back.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #11 - 04/17/19 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 04/16/19 at 7:34pm:

Plus 1!

Give this Surfer Dude his own tools so's every rainy/ wet weekend he can walk and work the trails. Hit me up and I may come with.

I been thinking the "old age" neighborhood next to the Beatty entrance on Weddington Rd is lookin' better all the time. Can't find anything near Back Yard .... (should of bought Frankie's place when had the chance!).

I considered looking there too but never found anything for sale.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #12 - 04/17/19 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 04/16/19 at 7:34pm:

Can't find anything near Back Yard .... (should of bought Frankie's place when had the chance!).

I'm glad I got in while I could.

I think living next to any trail makes life 100% better.  Hard to find excuses when it's right there staring at you.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #13 - 04/17/19 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
MountainCycle wrote on 04/16/19 at 11:19pm:
Buying a house by Sherman Branch and wondering the same, almost bought one of the houses backing up to RRT a few months back.

Can you ride straight from your house to the trail?  I really like Sherman Branch.  I thought about that area, but my wife wouldn't consider it because it's too far from the grandkids.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #14 - 04/18/19 at 2:35am
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 04/17/19 at 1:29am:

I considered looking there too but never found anything for sale. 

Come out to The Land of the Waxhaws.  There are two communities by the same developer.

IP Logged

vintagerider
Little Ring

Reply #15 - 04/18/19 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
mountainbiker90 wrote on 04/14/19 at 12:13am:

That's all I got.

I'm the Neighbor from Hell!

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #16 - 04/18/19 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Do it...

Or move to Brevard so you can ride right into PNF  Wink

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #17 - 04/19/19 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Mr.B wrote on 04/18/19 at 7:34pm:
Do it...

Oh man, that sounds like the ticket.

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Reply #18 - 04/19/19 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Mr.B wrote on 04/18/19 at 7:34pm:
Do it...

Or know a guy who bought a house on the backside of the forest.  If you cant  beat'em, join them.

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print