Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Pisgah Enduro (Read 4581 times)
rkillian

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Pisgah Enduro
Reply #20 - 05/29/19 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
I was planning last year but crashed and got a concussion the month before. Was pretty bummed as I felt like I was finally comfortable enough with Pisgah to attempt it. This year we've got family coming in from out of state so it's a no for me. Maybe next year. It's definitely on a my list.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #21 - 05/30/19 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Well I procrastinated for so long that wen I checked yesterday it's sold out. 

As for nutrition, I agree with Banjo, hydration is a bigger factor. Last year they had some oranges, PB&J sandwiches, some bananas and water at the bottom of Kitsuma. Despite refilling my bladder at Kitsuma I ran out of water at the beginning of the the final stage. I did have a filter on me but didn't use it as we were near the end anyway. Make sure you have plenty of electrolytes on you. Unless you're used to riding in this heat I'd account for drinking a lot more water than you'd normally need. I saw a lot of people cramping, including me towards the end.

It's a great event. I regret not signing up earlier now but at the same time am relieved I'm not in it as I haven't done much riding lately so not really in the best of shape for it.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

aasnowrider
Coaster Bike

Reply #22 - 01/07/21 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Does anyone have any info on this years (2021) Pisgah Enduro?  The site has said postponed until 2021 but wanted to see if there are any insiders in here to give a little hope as to whether it will run this year.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #23 - 01/07/21 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I know there are plans to hold it in 2021, although slightly later than the normal June dates.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print