Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Ever tried to ride under high-power lines? (Read 943 times)
MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Ever tried to ride under high-power lines?
06/20/19 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Just curious: Out in Indian Trail, I've noticed the super tall high-power lines and the open land under them.  I almost bought a house next to them and I noticed that there is hilly, open land that goes for miles under them.  I walked a little there when we were looking at the house and it looked like you could ride pretty far without obstruction.    

Anyone ever tried to make your own private MTB park on the open land under power lines?  Didn't buy the house, no need to ride there, so it doesn't matter, but I was just curious.
« Last Edit: 06/21/19 at 11:50am by MTB4U »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Ever tried to ride under high-power lines?
Reply #1 - 06/21/19 at 12:36am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure that's private land owned by the utilities and/or municipalities, but any area that I've seen had some pretty beat fire roads or just undeveloped and uneven terrain that looks like it'd need a LOT of work to make rideable, even if you didn't get arrested or kicked out in the process.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #2 - 06/21/19 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I rode the utility right of way near my old house a decent amount. Whatever you build out in the open is exposed to the elements, and won't last long. See: Tower 93 at WWC. Also, they come through and clear under the lines from time to time. Dirt bikers likely also use the space, and it'll probably be terrible any time it rains. Best to just use it as a convenient connector than waste time trying to build anything.

IP Logged

Gray Rider

Reply #3 - 06/23/19 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Park under those high voltage lines at WWC on a damp or high humidity day and put you hand or skin lightly on your vehicle...........

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Reply #4 - 06/26/19 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Gray Rider wrote on 06/23/19 at 12:58am:
Park under those high voltage lines at WWC on a damp or high humidity day and put you hand or skin lightly on your vehicle...........

You first!

IP Logged

KevinB
Little Ring

Reply #5 - 06/26/19 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 06/20/19 at 11:19pm:
Just curious: Out in Indian Trail, I've noticed the super tall high-power lines and the open land under them.  I almost bought a house next to them and I noticed that there is hilly, open land that goes for miles under them.  I walked a little there when we were looking at the house and it looked like you could ride pretty far without obstruction.    

Anyone ever tried to make your own private MTB park on the open land under power lines?  Didn't buy the house, no need to ride there, so it doesn't matter, but I was just curious. 

First rule of fight club

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print