Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Cane Creek Helm (Read 917 times)
Gray Rider

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Cane Creek Helm
06/24/19 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Anyone have any intel on this fork?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Re: Cane Creek Helm
Reply #1 - 06/24/19 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
***comments offered with the caveat that I am biased***

The Helm is comparable to most any premium fork from the major suspension manufacturers like Fox, SRAM, etc with the one major difference of allowing for the air spring to be setup independently so different positive and negative pressures. Sorta like the Dual-Air system from RS but much easier to setup.

It also allows for one of the lowest operating air pressures (25psi) of any fork making it really nice for lightweight riders who struggle to get proper sag on other forks.

Its easily as good (if not better) than the Pike, 36, etc. but I like to give it the edge simply because its made right here in NC, by actual mountain bikers. 

No to mention service is very easy and if you need to adjust travel it takes like 7 min and 3 common wrenches. super user friendly.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Gray Rider

Reply #2 - 06/25/19 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Sent Pm.
Certainly would rather buy "local" than from "Nike"!

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 07/04/19 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Ive had my helm for about 2 months now. Ive got some pretty hard Pisgah and Colorado miles on it at this point and really loving it. This has been completely set it and forget it from day 1. Went with reccomended air pressure for positive and negative, then put it through the ringer... 

Great fork, go buy one!

For reference,  i have a Pike on my enduro, and Ive been running a Fox 34 for the last year until i upgraded my Stumpy to the Helm.
« Last Edit: 07/04/19 at 11:58pm by hudsontp »  

IP Logged

Gray Rider

Reply #4 - 07/06/19 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks, for the good report on the Helm.  I did buy it.  Now I need to ride it.....!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print