Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trailfork Trail Mapping (Read 976 times)
Bagadonuts
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Trailfork Trail Mapping
06/25/19 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
As some of you probably know, I am responsible for most (85-90%) of the local trail mapping on MTB Project.  I have mapped almost 250 trails to their site at this point since I started mapping in 2013.  After talking with Bryan about the new website, it looks like we will be using the functionality of Trailforks to improve our open/closed trail status compared to the current system.  I have not been a fan of mapping trails to Trailforks in the past since it is much easier and a bit more accurate on MTB Project.  There are some features that Trailforks has that is far superior to MTB Project though like future trail mapping and mapping private trails.  So I will be undertaking a project to get Trailforks as up to date as MTB Project currently is.  Instead of starting from scratch, I will be downloading the GPX data directly from MTB Project and uploading to Trailforks so that the mapping will be consistent and a bit more accurate than if I mapped from one of my rides on Strava.  I will need help from the community because once the trail is mapped it, Trailforks needs other users approval for the trail to go live.  I have already mapped the new trails at Cedar Valley and a few others so they will need approval from other users.  Please take a look at the Trailforks website and let me know what trails need updating so I can get them up to date.  I plan on using this to map some of our soon to be open trails (Dixie River) and future projects (GYT) as well.  This is going to be a ton of work but I am more than happy to give back any way that I can to the local MTB community.

Vinnie "Bagadonuts" (👜-a-🍩s)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Re: Trailfork Trail Mapping
Reply #1 - 06/25/19 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Vinnie:
I am on the Trailforks Web Page. I see the Fisher Farms trails mapped but do not see allison or cedar valley. Maybe it's me.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #2 - 06/25/19 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I met with someone from the Trailforks team last week. We may be able to get you admin status, so you don't have to jump through extra hoops.

IP Logged

Bagadonuts
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 06/25/19 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I am not that familiar with Trailforks yet but you have to go to Trails tab > North Carolina Trails > then hit the "Confirm" button on the top right of the header near the "Add/Edit" button.  A list will pop up with the option to Confirm or Reject a pending trail.

IP Logged

StevenA
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 06/26/19 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I paused on "Sullivan's Waltz" trying to decide if that's really the official name of Fisher Farm's skill area.  Sure, OK, I'll confirm it, I've seen the gif.

I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey but then I turned myself around.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #5 - 06/26/19 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Bagadonuts wrote on 06/25/19 at 11:09pm:
I am not that familiar with Trailforks yet but you have to go to Trails tab > North Carolina Trails > then hit the "Confirm" button on the top right of the header near the "Add/Edit" button.  A list will pop up with the option to Confirm or Reject a pending trail.

True statement Vinnie. Everything you posted yesterday has been confirmed. Thanks for this and  whoever confirmed the additions (Steven A?)
« Last Edit: 06/26/19 at 1:07am by Tom F »  

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #6 - 07/18/19 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Dixie parking lot status?
« Last Edit: 07/18/19 at 11:06am by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print