Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) CVBP (Read 2175 times)
808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

CVBP
06/29/19 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
So let's just assume, no wait, imagine or say envision an evening where we don't have a downpour directly over the new (super sweet) trail. 
Would that lead one believe that the trail would be open earrrrllllly tomorrow, before it gets so hot that midlle age guy strokes out before he stokes out? Early morning is the sweet spot these days. Juuuussst asking! Grin Grin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Mike Overlay

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: CVBP
Reply #1 - 06/30/19 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Im sure hoping so. I freakin loved that place opening day. Its an hour away for me. But was wanting to go in the am tomorrow myself.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

johnski
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 06/30/19 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Hoping the same thing, but since it’s still showing closed, I’m heading elsewhere.

IP Logged

StevenA
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 06/30/19 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I rode Fisher once this week then Wife and I took our son for a greenway ride on a different night. I think Evan and his crew were working on the trail both nights to get it open. This is just speculation on my part but I know Evan is working hard to keep the trail in top shape.  Thanks Evan!

I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey but then I turned myself around.

IP Logged

bdotson
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 07/01/19 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Okay so 830am  This morning trail status showed open. So my son and I drove an hour to the trail just to see at 10 AM it was closed. I appreciate all the work that goes into making these things and how difficult it is to keep everything updated. We just have to say pretty disappointed to drive an hour and find it closed. As a matter fact, I arrived at the trail head at 10:13 and noticed the trail was closed at 10 AM. Not complaining, just disappointed. Oh well… Maybe next week.

2020 Kona Mahuna Singlespeed (Yes, I am a dinosaur. Affirmative)

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #5 - 07/01/19 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I hear ya, We make the call at Sherman @7:00 am. based on present conditions and live with it all day. Hopefully after CVBP is open for a while.  they can get a consistent & predictable  pattern established.
« Last Edit: 07/02/19 at 1:29am by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

bdotson
Coaster Bike

Reply #6 - 07/02/19 at 12:29am
Print Post  
BTW - Sherman's is looking pretty sweet as of late. Rode there yesterday (full lap) and it was in good shape. Appreciate the work!

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #7 - 07/02/19 at 1:22am
Print Post  
bdotson wrote on 07/02/19 at 12:29am:
BTW - Sherman's is looking pretty sweet as of late. Rode there yesterday (full lap) and it was in good shape. Appreciate the work!

Thanks, but ALL credit goes to D Kennedy & Jess Butcher. I have had other things going on for the past year, so I have been doing very little work there.
« Last Edit: 07/02/19 at 1:27am by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #8 - 07/02/19 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Agreed. I rode Sherman over the weekend and it was as good as it’s been in the past several years. All of your efforts are very much appreciated.

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #9 - 07/02/19 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
soooooooo...what does the dishwasher dooo? Undecided

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #10 - 07/03/19 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Was running prime yesterday evening!

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #11 - 07/06/19 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Doh! That storm got right over CVBP at around 10:30 last night. Closed by 10:48, good work to keep it in shape. Rode on the fourth and it was in great shape. I had a dream that the whole Fisher system got the "flow trail" treatment. I was bummed when I woke up!

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #12 - 07/06/19 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Fisher Farm was fine this morning. 
CVBP was not ridden. Don't know..
Will leave its status to the TC  Evan

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #13 - 07/14/19 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
808golden wrote on 07/06/19 at 11:52am:
Doh! That storm got right over CVBP at around 10:30 last night. Closed by 10:48, good work to keep it in shape. Rode on the fourth and it was in great shape. I had a dream that the whole Fisher system got the "flow trail" treatment. I was bummed when I woke up!

That's a terrible thing to dream about. Shocked

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

bdotson
Coaster Bike

Reply #14 - 07/17/19 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Agreed! I love love love some flow but I have to say Allison’s twisty singletrack is one of my favorite things. Fisher has that too in Enchanted Forest and other spots. Sure, it is cool to bomb though a perpetual motion run of flowmaxed trail - no argument here- but lets not forget the love for rooty twisty tight turn stuff too! I for one want more of Allison’s fun!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print