Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Everybody loves building a boardwalk (Read 1143 times)
BJE
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Everybody loves building a boardwalk
10/28/19 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
We have two massive boardwalks that we are building at Mountain Island Lake Trail this weekend so come on out and bring your screw gun and extra batteries and help put the decking on the runners.

When:
Saturday Nov. 2, 2019 from 12:00 to 5:00
Where: The Green Loop of MILT (go to CTT at Mountain Island Lake Dam, go about 1/2 mile down the thread trail and you will see us there). I will be at the gate of the thread trail at 12:00 to shuttle anyone done to the work site.
What to bring: Power tools, gloves, water and snack. Most of the wood will be precut so it will must be screwing the decking to the runners.

We will also be cleaning up the trail (especially between the two boardwalks) depending on how many show up.

As always any help is appreciated.
Cheesy

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Re: Everybody loves building a boardwalk
Reply #1 - 11/05/19 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
We got a lot of work done. But have a lot more to do.  I will be heading back out this Saturday (11/7) to try and finish it up.  I will be there from 8:00 to 12:00.

Whether you come out to help or just come out to see what's going on hopefully we will see you Saturday morning.  If you do come out to work please bring water, gloves and we can always use more portable power tools.  A generator would definitely be helpful. 
« Last Edit: 11/05/19 at 5:02pm by BJE »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) MILT_BW.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 11/13/19 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Great big THANKS Smiley to everyone who helped build the two new boardwalks and clear the green loop at MILT.  Now we just need people to come out and enjoy them.  

Special thanks to Belmont Lowe's Home Improvement for once again coming to our aid and assisting us with the material to make these projects happen.  Please let them know how much they are appreciated for supporting the community.  

Special thanks also needs to go out to Angela and Robert for helping to raise funds to support this project.  

I also want to thank Robert, Doug, David, Hank, Danny, Angela and the many others who took time to volunteer and make this massive project happen. 

If you would like to see more pictures go to @MILTMTB on FB.  Or better yet come on out and see all the cool features and trail being built at MILT in Mt. Holly. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 11/13/19 at 1:39pm by BJE »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Pictures_of_BW_finished.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Reply #3 - 11/14/19 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Right on Bruce... looks like fun!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #4 - 11/22/19 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Thumbs Up Emoji

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print