Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Uwharrie MTB Challenge Weekend - Feb 22-23 (Read 4511 times)
team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Re: Uwharrie MTB Challenge Weekend - Feb 22-23
Reply #20 - 02/14/20 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I get the part that the extra cost of the race is for the meals and camping, but being local, it comes to 2 XC races for $130 (until Monday).  That's 3.7 Cane Creek Cup Expert entries or 4.3 SS races.  Not saying I won't still go... but it makes it hard to justify.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #21 - 02/14/20 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
While I have never been a mtb race promoter I’m sure that there was a fee to use the facilities and that wasn’t dependent upon the trails used or their length. In the same fashion setting up support stations, included dinners, trail markers, wood for the bon fire and event t-shirts are all fixed costs. Did you guys think they were going to do all that for you at a loss?

If I was putting on a race for the first time I certainly would want the participants to have a good competitive series of races. Given the amount of rain recently and the propensity of those particular trails to shed water it would seem to be a no brainer to run the races on the excellent trails that are already in existence. In 5 years of activity on the site I have never seen a bad review of them. Nor have I ever left Uwharrie without a smile on my face and a appreciation of a beautiful setting. I suppose if the concern is that the misery index isn’t high enough then you could run the trails a second time each day in the uphill direction and beat yourselves into submission. 

Bottom line, Ryan seems to be a pretty good guy trying to put on the best possible race for us to enjoy. How about we stop the bitching and get behind what can be a great event this year and hopefully many others in the future. 

« Last Edit: 02/14/20 at 11:30pm by NC Kingsting »  

IP Logged

853stolen
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #22 - 02/15/20 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Im sure Ryan is a great guy and it will be a fun event, but not everyone can or want to stay and enjoy dinner/breakfast or camp.  Some just want to race and head back to their life and families.  I'm just saying it's not worth it for me.
« Last Edit: 02/15/20 at 2:13am by 853stolen »  

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
Albert Einstein
YIM  
IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #23 - 02/17/20 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
853stolen wrote on 02/15/20 at 2:05am:
Im sure Ryan is a great guy and it will be a fun event, but not everyone can or want to stay and enjoy dinner/breakfast or camp.  Some just want to race and head back to their life and families.  I'm just saying it's not worth it for me.

I fall into this boat too, sadly.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print