Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic New Trail in Indian Trail (Read 1011 times)
SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

New Trail in Indian Trail
11/07/19 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Received word from Indian Trail P&R that they are doing a ribbon cutting on a natural surface trail at Crooked Creek Park. Sounds like their P&R has constructed a ~1 mile course through the woods, described as flat and obstacle-free. They are looking for input on how to improve the trail and will be serving breakfast at the ribbon cutting. 

I don't know anything about the trail, but the park itself is pretty cool if you have young kids. Great playground, zipline, splash pad, foosball and ping pong tables.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

jebfour

Re: New Trail in Indian Trail
Reply #1 - 11/18/19 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I had a moment so I ran over to give this a look, but didn't see where the tailhead was.
Does anyone know where it starts? Here's a map... 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 11/19/19 at 12:40am
Print Post  
To the far left side of the park as you enter, near (11) on the map.   This is more of greenway path.  They aren't done with it but its already too wide and is pancake flat too be of any interest to MTBers.  I would expect they plan to pave it with pit gravel or such and it will be a worthwhile little family/nature trail.  I'm in the area and some times cruise the disc course trail on my gravel bike loops from home and this section will add to that sort of ride.
« Last Edit: 11/19/19 at 12:50am by SurlyDave »  

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #3 - 11/19/19 at 12:42am
Print Post  
The land to the south near Crooked Creek is flat as a pancake and prone to flooding.  I looked at the area years ago.  SurlyDave's assessment is accurate.

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Zakaraia Hermes
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 11/19/19 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
I think it’s hilarious that they market it as a mountain bike trail when clearly it isn’t or had zero input from any mountain bike rider on earth. Fake news

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print